Had a blast 07 GT 500 mustang

I had my first experience honestly ever driving a Mustang. My brother in law handed me the keys to his 2007 Mustang GT500 Shelby. The engine and supercharger noise so addicting. The power of 20-80 MPH pulls outstanding. The car though felt most comfortable straight and somewhat unsorted putting power down. However rowing the 6 speed manual coupled to 500HP outstanding.

No idea what a GT is like but this car was insanxe.

I had my first experience honestly ever driving a Mustang. My brother in law handed me the keys to his 2007 Mustang GT500 Shelby. The engine and supercharger noise so addicting. The power of 20-80 MPH pulls outstanding. The car though felt most comfortable straight and somewhat unsorted putting power down. However rowing the 6 speed manual coupled to 500HP outstanding.

No idea what a GT is like but this car was insanxe.

Did you even get out of 3rd gear? My best friend and Godfather of 2 of my kids had a 2015 Shelby with some "work" on it. Insane straight away power.

Got to take one for a quick drive to get gas when a convertible version came in on trade. It was rainy and was scary fast.

The top of 3rd gear is where they can really put down the power, Assuming it has a performance summer tires on the back?

One thing I noticed with my 15 year stint at a shop that solely worked on domestic high performance vehicles.......Rare/limited number performance cars usually have old/hard tires on them! 5 years is about it for performance summer tires & drag radials.

Had a customer get killed after a blowout at 100+ MPH because he ignored my warning about old tires on his '99 Corvette with a supercharged 408 LSx stroker. Make you want to take a drill to every questionable "ZR" tire!

Got to take one for a quick drive to get gas when a convertible version came in on trade. It was rainy and was scary fast.
One of our managers has a convertible and picked it up from Shelby … wicked 5.8L but has huge Brembo brakes to help arrest the rage it puts down …

Stock a new GT is faster but it's not as much of an experience.

Now a '14 662 bhp car with less weight.... What a ride....

It also handled much better with the aluminum block and much improved suspension.

PS a 662 with stock tires will spin them from an almost 80 mph roll with the traction control off unless the asphalt is fresh.

Back