Haas F1

Haas is just fine being a middle-of-the-pack team, so they won't move off KMag. Plus, his reckless driving has proven to be quite useful to the team and to Hulk recently, so they'll sit tight with their lineup. Also, Haas is too cheap. KMag has, until today, kept his car pretty clean, all things considered. Mick has a history of wrecking and Haas won't be thrilled about shelling out unnecessary funds for repairing Mick's cars yet again. It's what cost him the seat the first time around.

Edit: On a somewhat related note, I wish we could swap Haas for Andretti. It would be nice to have an American team that cared about competing instead of just cashing in on the F1/Liberty Media money.

They are both gone at the end of the season. Magnusson has been begging to stay but I don't think it will happen.

It seems like Haas has lost a bit of interest in throwing money at F1 since they lost their Russian big money sponsorship funds. It's too bad, but F1 isn't something that's cheap.

Andretti recently opened a new headquarters in Silverstone and has now started a recruiting spree to populate its European base with F1 staff, despite having been told by the series it will not be allowed to enter in the 2026 season.

The 60 vacancies include senior F1 roles such as head of aero development, head of mechanical design and various other engineering positions including aerodynamics and CFD, model design, electronics, control systems, IT, vehicle performance and manufacturing.

All roles are based in its Silverstone Park estate on the periphery of the grand prix circuit and across the road from Aston Martin's new headquarters.

Haas is just fine being a middle-of-the-pack team, so they won't move off KMag. Plus, his reckless driving has proven to be quite useful to the team and to Hulk recently, so they'll sit tight with their lineup. Also, Haas is too cheap. KMag has, until today, kept his car pretty clean, all things considered. Mick has a history of wrecking and Haas won't be thrilled about shelling out unnecessary funds for repairing Mick's cars yet again. It's what cost him the seat the first time around.

Edit: On a somewhat related note, I wish we could swap Haas for Andretti. It would be nice to have an American team that cared about competing instead of just cashing in on the F1/Liberty Media money

They’re not even mid pack, they suck on the hind teet.
Eh, they're better than Williams, Sauber, and Alpine. At least right now. I think Alpine will find some pace as the season goes along, but even then, that would put Haas in the mid-field.

It seems like Andretti's only way in to F1 is to buy an existing team. Could be a match made in heaven for Haas (if he wants out) and Andretti.

It seems like Haas has lost a bit of interest in throwing money at F1 since they lost their Russian big money sponsorship funds. It's too bad, but F1 isn't something that's cheap.
What happened to the Formula Atlantic series, Formula 2 from years back? I was a Rocky Mountain Region SCCA member a number of years ago and was under the impression that those were F1 light? It was FA cars, the FSCCA class with the 2.3 Ford/Mazda motors, and open wheel cars powered by rotaries. Some drivers had sponsorship, and prize money? It's amazing that companies can justify F1's cost anymore.

Back