Gyeon Wet Coat

I purchased Gyeon Wet Coat and Gyeon Ceramic Detailer from a friend today. $15 for 500 ml. My method for applying WC was simple: two sprays per panel and one on my wash mitt. I spread the product around evenly, then hit it with a pressure washer. The hydrophobics are outstanding for this product. Even if I only get 2 months out of it, I'd be happy. It's just too easy to use to not use it. Drying it was so easy due to the slickness which allowed me to push the water off the surface easily.

Last edited:
IMG-2457 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, but make sure you rinse well and do not apply it onto warm panels. Or else you will learn the hard way. ;)
I once tried using Elixir as a drying aid on my wet car and instantly regretted it, and that's only got "half strength" HydrO2 in it.

These types of products are a fantastic innovation, just make sure to follow the directions.

I once tried using Elixir as a drying aid on my wet car and instantly regretted it, and that's only got "half strength" HydrO2 in it.

These types of products are a fantastic innovation, just make sure to follow the directions.
Very true. And people tend to over apply it (i think that's the case with many detail products). That's when you see streaking. Surface must also be cool.

Very true. And people tend to over apply it (i think that's the case with many detail products). That's when you see streaking. Surface must also be cool.
Don't overapply--a key point.

I just got Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine (blue-green.) Soon I will get the spray wax (yellow.) Initial impressions are very, very positive with Griot's products.

It is great the the Gyeon's is working well for you. All the best.

It really is. As far as ease of use, I've never used anything easier than Wet Coat. Fantastic product everyone should try. The next easiest would be the Griot's 3 in 1 and other spray ons. They're also all very easy to use. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I've used Hydro Blue in the past and it was ok. The formulations of both products have changed since I last used them. If you take a small microfiber applicator pad and spread the product around, evenly, on a wet panel it improves the performance to a noticeable level.

D11EBA4A-4680-4654-AA6F-2711BD0CACFB.jpeg

B111525D-4612-4EC6-9AAF-5C13CB4D66FF.jpeg

First off, thank you @buster for sending me a bottle to try.

The product smells identical to CarPro Hydro2. Not saying that they are identical, but they smell identical.

I used this product on the pictured Ram. The truck is brand new with zero protection and minimal/no contamination. 2-4 sprays per panel (depending on the size) and rinsed off using a 40-degree tip on my pressure washer. My pressure washer is 3800 psi / 3.5 gpm so the volume is similar to a garden hose.

IMO, these products work best with a high volume pressure washer. This is because: 1) you need the flow for a proper rinse (to prevent spotting or streaks) and 2) to get even spread of the product. Otherwise you have to use more product to obtain the same results.

Overall? Very good gloss and usability, but also very similar to Hydro2.

Last edited:
Back