Gutter Guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gebo
The trees are not on my property and I live in the woods. Many trees...Mostly oak, maple and river birches.

Ugh, Thats too bad.

Since I cut down several trees on my property (and neighbors) its been much less yard work dealing with branches, acorns and leaf clean up in the fall.

Homeowners and towns, especially here in the east, go way overboard with the shrub and tree planting.

As time goes by, they buckle sidewalks, block out the sun, lawns don't grow well (unless doused with ton of chemicals), houses and neighborhoods begin to look small, crowded and dated.

My problem is the oak, hickory, locust, magnolia flowers, short spruce needles and tiny twigs blown on to the roof then into the gutter. I have raingo gutters that have ridges on the bottom and help keep the water flowing. But a twig or two is all it takes for the stiff to clog up at the downspout.

Though about gutter guards but all it really takes is a step ladder to clean them. I just need to do it before a heavy rain and then the gutters clog and over flow. Currently the locust flowers are out and the last thing for awhile.

A couple years I went without gutters before the raingos went on. I ended up with standing water in the crawl space.

We are using Leafguard and are very satisfied. We are surrounded by trees, broadleaf and pine, and used to have clogged gutters and downpipes on a regular basis. Since Leafguard was installed a couple of years ago we have had none. Most of the debris gets washed off leaving the water free to flow. I made a simple right angle brush to clear any bits that do trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back