Griot's Rinseless Wash

First time I ever used a product like this. It came out much better than I had expected. For winter/not wanting to deal with hose/rinsing, I wanted to try it. I put some of the solution in a spray bottle and heavily wet one panel at a time. I carefully used a microfiber cloth and wiped down a section at a time.

Last edited:
E5855525-2CAB-417A-9311-AF9A9FA2B07F.jpeg
B38553F2-954D-4B9F-B5BB-DE8A0EAAD9F1.jpeg
9EC12F95-D570-4E86-99BC-3C43A89B3E99.jpeg
61D6BD13-6F2F-492B-8B6C-5E863E92C299.jpeg
7B4F75A8-E829-4F11-9ED0-9E54D1F89FD4.jpeg

Last edited:
What kind of dilution ratio did you use for a waterless wash? Results look excellent. Griot’s Spray on Car Wash may work even better for you.

1oz to a gallon of water. Looks interesting. Might have to give it a try. Saves rinsing, drying, dragging out the hose...

What kind of dilution ratio did you use for a waterless wash? Results look excellent. Griot’s Spray on Car Wash may work even better for you.

I used 3oz per 3 gallons of water, which according to many isn't enough. Most recommend going above the amount called for by Griot's. Pre-spraying helped. I was hesitant on using a product like this due to potential swirl marks. No signs of any at this point. If you're careful, I think these products can work well. I was quite surprised.

Pim, I ended up using 4 microfiber towels. (2) to clean and (2) to dry.

It's nice to wash and dry one panel at a time. Using a hose can often result in water spots. This eliminates that because you're washing and drying as you go.

I used 3oz per 3 gallons of water, which according to many isn't enough. Most recommend going above the amount called for by Griot's. Pre-spraying helped. I was hesitant on using a product like this due to potential swirl marks. No signs of any at this point. If you're careful, I think these products can work well. I was quite surprised.

Pim, I ended up using 4 microfiber towels. (2) to clean and (2) to dry.

It's nice to wash and dry one panel at a time. Using a hose can often result in water spots. This eliminates that because you're washing and drying as you go.
I used ONR for the first time recently and was also impressed. Neat product....and inexpensive.....

That’s worked for me for several years now:

I’m careful to measure my solution and use the heavy duty concentration. The spray bottle gets a gallons’ worth of hootch in 16 ounces.

I get a couple of packs of microfiber cloths at Walmart. I don’t ever want to feel like I have to conserve cloths.

I’ll spray the surface with plain water first if it is at all gritty.

I’ve used several brands of rinseless wash. They all worked fine, used as directed.

I've used Griot's premixed waterless spray with micro fiber towels and that worked well. The apartment I was living in didn't allow regular car washing.

Griot's does a nice job with their product line.

While nothing can replace a good two bucket wash for really dirty cars, this is ideal for quick winter time washes. They also have the Rinseless Wash & Wax and Spray On-Wash as mentioned before.

Last edited:
Looks like a good product. I have always had good luck with Hondas Original or Yamalube spray detailers.

Be careful going too far beyond the recommended dilution. Like a traditional car wash, too much solution can be detrimental to wax/sealant. It can also cause streaking and other issues. More solution doesn’t always mean more ‘protection.’ Griots is often very safe and conservative with their recommendation.

On a reasonably clean car, maybe. For winter? With the amount of grit, salt, etc that gets on the surface, I think I’d avoid this.

On a reasonably clean car, maybe. For winter? With the amount of grit, salt, etc that gets on the surface, I think I’d avoid this.

I'm curious how it works when the car is that dirty. I will find out this winter.

I'm curious how it works when the car is that dirty. I will find out this winter.
I use ONR at 1:64 in a 2 gallon garden sprayer as a pre soak. Get the car soaked down.

Then use ultra thick long nap microfibers in your wash bucket with ONR @ 1:128.

One towel per panel with minimal force. Roll the towel as you wipe.

If your car is chunky dirty you want to get the big stuff off with at least a hose, but I know it's not always possible for you northern folks.

Buster I have used the Griot's water less car wash pre made in their container from AZ...

That works great as well.

Looks like this product would certainly be a cheaper yet very,very good option too.

Now... I noticed you missed a spot on your driver's side door. Do I need to send Lucky the seeing eye dog to help you next time to help you not miss any places...

:LOL:

Totally messing with you.

I've been doing these types of washes since probably '06? Back when QEW started to pop up at Autopia forums. Then Optimum made their formula which boosted them up in the detailing community.

QE-32.jpg

I usually do a hose wash once a month, but inbetweens are with rinseless.

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9796.jpg

Rinseless Wash. Used 4 rags and 2 drying towels. Followed by Griot's 3 in 1 including plastic trim and windows.

I'm never getting a dark colored car again. I've had black/gray so many times. PITA to keep clean. I'll likely get white or silver next.

That looks great!

It is interesting that they lengthened the side trim pieces on that rear window and went with glossy black.

Back