Griot's Glass Sealant

My experience with this product has been very good. It lasts quite a while on the windows, removes any waterspots, and makes bug removal much easier. It is very hydrophobic and much like Rain-X, the water runs off so well that wipers are not always needed. Apply two coats (allow to dry between applying), then polish off leaving a nice clean, slippery surface.

glass_sealant_8oz_1.jpg

I've been curious about this product. Most Griot's products are really good I've found.

I use their 3 in 1 Ceramic on windows. Works great. This would be good to clean them first.

Most Griot's products are really good I've found.

I have heard this consistently a long time; just experienced it for myself.

I was in the "auto" area of S. Tacoma, WA recently and stopped in their HQ. Enjoyed their sports/super car display (more below), and also picked up a can of "Engine Bay Dressing." Good stuff. I posted about it here and some snaps of their rotating car display.

I am going back over to that area later today to pick up the paint I originally went to have mixed. I may stop back in to see what else might interest me. I may check out that glass sealant as that could be a bonus in the non-summer months here given the rain volume.

I have heard this consistently a long time; just experienced it for myself.

I was in the "auto" area of S. Tacoma, WA recently and stopped in their HQ. Enjoyed their sports/super car display (more below), and also picked up a can of "Engine Bay Dressing." Good stuff. I posted about it here and some snaps of their rotating car display.

I am going back over to that area later today to pick up the paint I originally went to have mixed. I may stop back in to see what else might interest me. I may check out that glass sealant as that could be a bonus in the non-summer months here given the rain volume.

I have to get over there one of these days. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their store and car display plus workshops.

I tend to not use repellent on windshields. My experience has been increased wiper chatter and streaking. The concept sounds good though.

Not too long ago I picked up a bottle of Invisible Glass to clean the front and rear screens. Unknowingly I got the one with a repellent component mixed in. It seems to work well especially on the rear window which gets mucked up quickly in rainy weather.

Maybe someday I will try this Griots Sealant.

I had constant wiper chattering when using Rain-X in the past. I now use the Rain-X washer fluid and it's the way to go for me. One quick spray when starting out in the rain and the performance on the glass is similar to the regular Rain-X. Obviously it doesn't last very long, but it does last long enough that I don't have to spray any more of it for that drive. The bonus is that the washer fluid version actually seems to smooth out uneven wiper performance. YMMV.

I had constant wiper chattering when using Rain-X in the past. I now use the Rain-X washer fluid and it's the way to go for me. One quick spray when starting out in the rain and the performance on the glass is similar to the regular Rain-X. Obviously it doesn't last very long, but it does last long enough that I don't have to spray any more of it for that drive. The bonus is that the washer fluid version actually seems to smooth out uneven wiper performance. YMMV.
I use Griot's and Rain-X wiper fluid (-20°F version--has more alcohol to help dissolve the bugs).

I use Griot's and Rain-X wiper fluid (-20°F version--has more alcohol to help dissolve the bugs).
Around here what's generally available is the 0º (orange) or 32º (green). I doubt I'll see the -20º in North Texas.

Around here what's generally available is the 0º (orange) or 32º (green). I doubt I'll see the -20º in North Texas.
It is illegal to sell/buy the -20°F formula in Texas (contains too many VOCs). I bring it back from my trips to CO/WY/MT where it is legal to sell and is needed. I just run it year round so that I do not worry about it when I do go to those states in the winter.

Could the Griot's Glass Sealant be applied to the tiled walls in the shower??????? Allowing the soap to flow off the walls along with the water.

Probably not a good idea. Griot's is pretty clear that it should be used on glass surfaces only. They don't even recommend using it on headlights, taillights, or motorcycle helmet visors.

For shower tiles, you may be better off with something like this:

We get -56ºF rain-x here in Canada and the 32º rain-x bug & tar fluid does a much better job at removing bugs. The difference is day and night so alcohol in the fluid isn't always the best solution.
I am sure there is a tipping point on the alcohol concentration where more does not help, but for the black "lovebug" swarms that we have around here, the Rain-X -20°F formula cuts them better than the Rain-X 32°F version plus I do not have to drain it when I travel to the states where I need it for cold protection. Your 32°F formula looks vastly different than what I can get here in the US and I wonder what is different between the two.

It does. I used Seal N Shine and it worked pretty well all things considered.

I have to get over there one of these days. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their store and car display plus workshops.

I tend to not use repellent on windshields. My experience has been increased wiper chatter and streaking. The concept sounds good though.

Not too long ago I picked up a bottle of Invisible Glass to clean the front and rear screens. Unknowingly I got the one with a repellent component mixed in. It seems to work well especially on the rear window which gets mucked up quickly in rainy weather.

Maybe someday I will try this Griots Sealant.
Yes, I get chatter too. I don't use anything on windshield and let wipers do their job.

I’ve been using this stuff:

nextzett 92100815 Kristall Klar Washer Fluid 1:200 Concentrate - 8.5 fl. oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NZFCR...abc_GGKHQTTWZ8NM4FM3VC1W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I add it to cheap blue wash fluid as more of a booster. It is a fantastic cleaner and makes for much smoother wiper operation.

I used to use Rain-X till I looked in my washer fluid reservoirs (multiple vehicles) and found them full of rain-x “globules”. I figured out it really gunks things up.

I’m much happier with the performance and effectiveness of my current mixture.

Back