Griots Foaming System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody try this out yet, ordered the Foaming surface wash and the Foaming poly gloss to use with my Sun Joe 3000 pressure washer and foam gun, been using Meguiars Gold Class car wash that really foams up well.
cheers3.gif

https://www.griotsgarage.com/category/education+boss+foaming+system.do

There are quite a few foaming sprayer systems on the market, actually, and IMHO, they make the work of cleaning a car easier and safer on the paint.

I bought one of these on Amazon a couple years ago for about $18. It attaches to the end of my pressure washer, and does a fantastic job. Using it, I can just go with a 1-bucket-system instead of a 2-bucket, since all the foaming and application is done from the sprayer.

Don't buy the expensive name brand ones... you can get the exact same thing without the decal off Amazon for less $$$. I've had my no name one for almost 2 years and love it. I just purchased another one that attaches to my garden hose to use for quick washes when I don't want/need to pull out the pressure washer.

I still suggest the 2 bucket method with dirt traps in both. You'd be surprised the amount of junk in the bottom of the buckets after only 1 wash of even a fairly clean vehicle.

Last edited:
When I use the foam gun, the one and only bucket has a Grit Guard in it, and gets filled about 80% full. Foam the car, use my chenille wash pad and run over the grit guard after every panel. Never had an issue.

I should also add that the car gets a once-over pass with the pressure washer to remove the heavier dirt before I even start with the foam gun. Eliminates the worst of it.

That Griot's system should work awesome. I own a couple of Chinese foam cannons and one Italian made one that was double the cost, in my commercial environment, you quickly can see the difference in build quality. They are not all the same...at all.

I might try one, my biggest issue is drying. The water here is hard, and the sun makes it difficult to dry the car before the sun does.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Looks awesome! The price is keeping me from buying it though.

I have my own pressure washer and foam gun, i just ordered the Foaming surface wash and the Foaming Poly Gloss.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I might try one, my biggest issue is drying. The water here is hard, and the sun makes it difficult to dry the car before the sun does.

You may want to check out the products from Poorboys. They are known to work well in direct sun.

https://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html

It's not the product, it's his water. I just taught an old friend how to correct paint on his '02 Audi in El Paso, and he had the same issue. So many minerals in the water and it was so hot even at 8PM that he had severe water spots almost instantly.

The solution we settled on was one final rinse after the whole car was washed, followed by a heavy application of spray wax/quick detailer and a drying with two towels. The spray wax helped keep the minerals from bonding to the paint and avoid streaking.

Correction was a burden - M105 flashed almost instantly and was dusting like crazy. Quick detailer on the pads and misting as we went helped but it was infuriating. M205 was even drying and dusting, which I have never experienced. We had to keep stopping to wash the pads of dead paint and dried product since he only had two.

Now that it's done he's decided that it will stay in his garage - smart decision with the desert weather, and I've sold him on the magic of waterless wash!

Try a Rinseless wash which will be a little more forgiving than a Waterless wash. You can always spray the car down at a diy wash early am or evening to get the big stuff off. Then go home and do the Rinseless, even the next day is fine. Much, quicker easier than a traditional wash and spots won't be an issue. A plush microfiber towel is essential.

Amazon link

Last edited:
The Griot's system looks nice, but I got this one off Amazon and its worked perfect. I know you already ordered it, but figure I'd share for anybody else curious.

ST4dAh9.jpg

tdtaJ0B.jpg

This was using 1oz of Meguiar's Hyper-wash. I use it more of a washing aid rather than a pre-soak. Load up the panel while I'm washing and it helps with the lubricity. You can't do this in the sun though, as it will start drying real quick.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: PimTac

You may want to check out the products from Poorboys. They are known to work well in direct sun.

https://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html

It's not the product, it's his water. I just taught an old friend how to correct paint on his '02 Audi in El Paso, and he had the same issue. So many minerals in the water and it was so hot even at 8PM that he had severe water spots almost instantly.

The solution we settled on was one final rinse after the whole car was washed, followed by a heavy application of spray wax/quick detailer and a drying with two towels. The spray wax helped keep the minerals from bonding to the paint and avoid streaking.

Correction was a burden - M105 flashed almost instantly and was dusting like crazy. Quick detailer on the pads and misting as we went helped but it was infuriating. M205 was even drying and dusting, which I have never experienced. We had to keep stopping to wash the pads of dead paint and dried product since he only had two.

Now that it's done he's decided that it will stay in his garage - smart decision with the desert weather, and I've sold him on the magic of waterless wash!

I misread the comment. Good choice on waterless wash. Using distilled water would be an option along Optimum car wash for example.

What are the benefits for actually using a foam spray/gun? I mean, I assume, one still has to physically wash the paint/vehicle with a wash mitt then rinse so what exactly does foaming your vehicle prior really do?

My thinking is, for the adding cost and work involved, is it really worth the effort, time and money?

I am not laughing at or condemning those that do this, I am just curious how much better (benefits) this is factoring in the above mentioned things?

My quick wash:

1. Pressure washer rinse
2. Foam Cannon
3. Agitate with mitt
4. Foam Cannon
5. Low pressure rinse
6. Towel dry

Takes no time at all. Less than getting out buckets, filling them up, dragging them around, etc.

Plus it's fun and looks cool.

Edit: the foam does help to loosen dirt, whereas with a conventional hose wash you're doing a low pressure rinse and dragging a soapy wash mitt across the dirty surface.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
My quick wash:

1. Pressure washer rinse
2. Foam Cannon
3. Agitate with mitt
4. Foam Cannon
5. Low pressure rinse
6. Towel dry

Takes no time at all. Less than getting out buckets, filling them up, dragging them around, etc.

Plus it's fun and looks cool.

x2,
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back