Grey collor om paper from wiping off oil.

Hi all.

Earlier this week i picked up a slightly used Corolla cross Hybrid.

Today I checked the oil. The oil itself was nice and clean. But the dipstick left som grey markings on the paper. It was not from the oil. But looked like it was a thin layer on the dipstick itself.

The car has driven 5000 km and is on factory fill. I assume some kind of 0w-16 oil. It is made in Japan. So maybe idemitsu.

Any of you know if this is nornal. Or the sign of a problem? The engine doesent use any coolant or oil.

Have a nice weekend. 😊

Attachments

• 1ED90BCB-9F81-4442-81D6-A279EB483DC8.jpg
    1ED90BCB-9F81-4442-81D6-A279EB483DC8.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 25
I'd bet you hit the nail on the head. You just wiped all the dirt off the dipstick.
As you've read here, clean looking clear oil is no scientific test....but it's a great place to start.

Please tell us more about your Danish Toyota.

I'd bet you hit the nail on the head. You just wiped all the dirt off the dipstick.
As you've read here, clean looking clear oil is no scientific test....but it's a great place to start.

Please tell us more about your Danish Toyota.
Well. It's a lot like the corolla cross you have in the states. A bit different setup in the suspension. It should have a bit more sound isolation. And it's a 197 hp hybrid drivetrain. I'm not sure you can get that in the US?

Also it's made in Japan. The US version is made in the US

I find new cars exhibit some sort of dark material the first X amount of times they're wiped off. Maybe your car is new enough to have not had the dipstick checked enough times to wipe this effect off completely.

I find new cars exhibit some sort of dark material the first X amount of times they're wiped off. Maybe your car is new enough to have not had the dipstick checked enough times to wipe this effect off completely.
Have experienced this on my last 3 new vehicles. Eventually goes away.

Back