Greenworks warranty

Beware as they only warrant what is bought from Greenworks. No warranty on items sold by a 3rd party I was told today.

And to file a warranty claim the only way is over the phone. I was on hold over 4 hours today on two calls.

My item was the 8" pole chain saw. Motor burnt up. Had it about two years on a 4 year warranty.

I wonder about what Menards sells? My first one I bought from them. Maybe 6 years ago. It broke right away and Menards gave me my money back. But I don't see them honoring a 4 year warranty. Just bought a small Greenworks blower off ebay. Suppose it's no warranty too. At least another charger and battery.

I bought a greenworks pressure washer from lowes and wore it out in a little less than a year in commercial use. I contacted greenworks and they said to go get another at lowes. I just went to lowes and they just gave me another one under warranty.

It was bought off ebay as a tool only. So ebay is going to get involved if the seller does not somehow respond favorably.

I'll have to ask Maenad's if they honor the 4 year warranty.

But all that was communicated specifically by Greenworks is no third party sellers. And eBay is a big problem with Greenworks and third party sellers.

I get the feeling this is something new, as is the warranty claim process because it's almost impossible to complete. No email link and s few BBB complaints.

There's buying from an authorized third party, like a box store, then there's ebay. The unit on ebay was likely stolen from a box store.
You don't know that. I've bought off ebay for the last 25 years and this is a rather usual circumstance as this is not a small time seller.

The company doesn't know that either. Supporting ebay buyers with a warranty would be insulting their authorized dealers.

The company doesn't know that either. Supporting ebay buyers with a warranty would be insulting their authorized dealers.
But most warranties are honored through the manufacture.. Just look a the BBB rating of GreenWorks. I've spent $1000s on ebay over the years. You can get screwed anywhere if you let them.

BBB Rating & Accreditation​

FBBB rating
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

BBB is a protection racket. Not accredited means that the company has not paid money to BBB.

Reactions: WDB
That doesn't sound correct? II just read the warranty on their website and I don't see anything that says you have to buy the product from them directly?

I have a 40V pole saw that I have used a lot over the past 5 years or so, and it still cuts great. I also have a weed trimmer. Saw was purchased at Menards and weed trimmer from Wal-Mart.

So as it turns out eBay can't do anything due to their policy being 90 days. But the seller is obligated to honor the warranty. And it is my guess the Big Box stores are in the same situation where all you will get is a refund, no repair. And then they have to deal with GreenWorks. I still have to send the broken item, arraigned outside of eBay.

This is my third pole saw since 2015, got a trimmer for it too and I just got a small blower. But I am done with them after this. They work good but are not durable. I use it a lot.

There is some illegality to this - in some states, perhaps.

I bought my 80V Greenworks tools (two blowers, chain saw, string trimmer) and batteries (which are great BTW) from Amazon. They are warrantied, I can assure you.

Maybe you stated it wrong, or just Ebay is kinda a ****hole grabbag for new gear?

The problem is Greenworks not eBay or the seller. Sounds to me like Greenworks has changed their polices. Nearly 4k Greenworks tools on sale on eBay right now

There is some illegality to this - in some states, perhaps.

I bought my 80V Greenworks tools (two blowers, chain saw, string trimmer) and batteries (which are great BTW) from Amazon. They are warrantied, I can assure you.

Maybe you stated it wrong, or just Ebay is kinda a ****hole grabbag for new gear?
Have you sent any in for repair?

Have you sent any in for repair?
No. No issues.

My point is - when I first read your post and some comments, I got worried that I had no 4 year warranty for the 4 units I bought from Amazon - seller is "Greenworks". There is some misinterpretations in this thread mainly, I think.

The warranty is simple - BUT it does say ORIGINAL PURCHASER. So I get it, it's a way of stemming support of counterfeit units. Or as mentioned theft and cheesy resellers. I just don't buy this kind of thing from ebay.

Maybe the 40V stuff is their cheapie line, never tried any of those items.

To show you that I use my stuff:

My house was build on essentially and old farm in the forest. Just a temperate rain forest gone crazy, seedlings that turned 40+ years, snags, brush, canes gon nuts, you name it. The acre surrounding my house was NASTY April 12 last year when we moved in. Today it is clear and landscape is almost complete. Greenworks tools were part of the success I suppose I can say.

80V GWPro 18" Chainsaw - works very nice. I've cut and bucked a variety of trees (cherry 16" +, apple, fir, walnut, etc) and have worked it HARD. I rarely will cut down a good tree, these were all needing to be cut. Chain tension is crucial or it will jump. Luckily it's easy to tighten. I read the OE chain and bar are weak, but Oregon parts fit perfectly so I bought an Oregon bar and chain , even nuts to do this mod, but I have not yet. OEchain still hanging in there.

80V GwPro - String trimmer - this is the Greenworks device I use the most. I have been thrashing it since new over a year ago. The head is battered. I am unsure how much life is in it but no signs of failure and still loads and dispenses string fine. It's been used for long chunks of time only stopping for battery swap and string. Within reason, I tend to keep it speeding from close by area to the next as I assume stopping and starting uses more current draw. I need to see if I can find an aftermarket brush cutter. Greenworks claims it will work with many other brands.

80V GWPro Blower - love the thing, but is a hassle to carry especiall with the largest battery. I mainly use it as a bellows. If I make a burn pile and rig a it to blow in the center for hours (very low speed BTW) it will slag the earth underneath and combustion can be near complete. I have run it all day with just battery swap

80V GWPro Back pack blower - I end up using this one in the breezeway, drives, shed, patio and sidewalk. A lot. Never had a gas blower but this thing is nice and just as strong as our Toro plug replacement (our first Toro died pretty early)

Anyway, no problems so I thought it odd folks are having issues.

You are assuming it's not a legitimate sale solely because it's on eBay.

As it apparently is turning out it's the same as Amazon or Home Depot or Menards. You get a refund. No repair. The hassle with eBay is shipping it back.

You are assuming it's not a legitimate sale solely because it's on eBay.

As it apparently is turning out it's the same as Amazon or Home Depot or Menards. You get a refund. No repair. The hassle with eBay is shipping it back.
Maybe I am. Who was the actual seller?

I agree, I HATE shipping stuff back. But it's not just a Greenworks thing.

Back