Green Tea ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
What's the story behind the G-05?
He is a true BITOG-er. How else are you going to know when your G-05 needs to be changed? ... DUH!

LOL.gif

So there is a great tea place in Victoria that I just went to called silk road that blends all organic tea right in their shop in downtown victoria. I picked up some sencha and some point ellice house black tea. I havent tried the sencha yet but I made some of the point ellice this morning and it is absolutly wounderful! I'll let you know about the sencha but I still think the best bet is costco for the everyday. They also sell bricks of compressed tea both in black and green varieties. I've never seen that before and it looks very cool. They have designs pressed into compressed bricks of tea. I dident buy any of that because it seemed to labor intensive since it requires that you scrape off part of the brick, brew, and then strain through some kind of a filter. Not what I want to do in the morning but very cool to see.

We have placed like that here in Toronto, but I live 66KM away and it is hard to get there... Next time I'm at Head Office for something work related I will be stopping in to get me some Sencha/Matcha tea.
grin2.gif

Glad you are having a good time in BC. Beautiful part of our great country.
08.gif

Stevie, you might like to try some rooibos (red tea) or honeybush tea, both from South Africa, and both full of good stuff. Of course, neither of these are made from the Camellia sinensis plant so they're not technically teas.
I also like Numi's Dry Desert Lime, but it's fairly tart, yet full of Vitamin C, and why not? It's made from the peel and rind of limes.

I have had honeybush tea before and really like it, but I'm more so drinking the green tea for health reasons at the advice of my Naturopathic doctor, but thanks very much for the suggestions!

Can't always drink GT!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
You did not seriously just use 'fabulous' in a sentence.
It's ok, I'm gay and have the right to use that word!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Can't always drink GT!
LOL.gif

They had a gin called victoria gin there as well but I dident get a chance to try it. Im a plymouth man myself. I hope your talking about gin and tonic or I'm just an idiot.

Originally Posted By: ryland
lol yep I'm an idiot
No... Just too many abbreviations used on this board. If anyone is an idiot it would be me for using the GT abbreviation. We could have been talking about a Ford Mustang!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ryland
Originally Posted By: MarkC
You did not seriously just use 'fabulous' in a sentence.

Says the guy from Seattle lol

A. I'm not the one who said 'fabulous'.
B. I live near Seattle, not in Seattle.
C. I'm from North Carolina.
D.
grin2.gif

I love Darjeeling from Bengal, India, and Assam from Africa: malty with a full body, golden color. Don't care much if it's first or a later flush, I like them with all their differences. I don't care for flavored tea like Early Grey. I get all my green tea from the Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. I'll let my better half, a real Shizuokan, advise me when it comes to green tea.
wink.gif

I haven't had any Chinese tea (with very few exceptions) since I saw a lab test on heavy metal content and pesticides about 10 tears ago. Back then I was interested in getting sume Poo-urgh (
48.gif
) tea, but found out it had been withdrawn from several European markets due to contamination issues.

Oh, and anyone who squirts lemon in tea is in my opinion nuts.
lol.gif

I like Earl Gray quite a bit.

Regarding Green Tea, for some reason if I drink more than a cup, I end up vomiting. I don't know why, but my tummy just cannot handle Green Tea. I do take Green Tea pills and it doesn't have that affect.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
I like Earl Gray quite a bit.

Regarding Green Tea, for some reason if I drink more than a cup, I end up vomiting. I don't know why, but my tummy just cannot handle Green Tea. I do take Green Tea pills and it doesn't have that affect.

Earl Grey makes me vomit, too. I loathe the flavor of bergamot. Can a guy say "tummy?"
grin2.gif

I drink half a liter strong black tea every morning on an empty stomach. More black tea or green tea in the arvo. I'd love to show off my stainless steel tea ball.
56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back