Greece doesn't want Europe to run the checkbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kool aid here. Reality. There is a lot of blame to go around.

It has been the baby boomers under which this expansion has occurred. These ideas that markets always know best, government is always bad and can do no good, greed is good, Ayn Rand, corporatism, banking de-regulation, wars of no end.....this generation spent, and now they will be retiring.

My wife and I do ok so I'm not posting this out of some sort of jealousy or envy of the rich like many will automatically jump to that conclusion when you try to explain these things to them. In fact, I've been employed by the financial/banking industry for the last 10 years.

buster, I agree that there's plenty of blame to go around.

Also agree on the crony capitalism.

When I worked for a 500 company, they came up with a deduction for a PAC. I refused to contribute as I knew they would place bets on both sides of any race. I wanted my money to go where I chose if I chose.

It's pretty disgusting. I just don't hate the messengers.

Originally Posted By: buster

It has been the baby boomers under which this expansion has occurred. These ideas that markets always know best, government is always bad and can do no good, greed is good, Ayn Rand, corporatism, banking de-regulation, wars of no end.....this generation spent, and now they will be retiring.

So let me get this straight. In Greece, public worker unions went hog wild, raped the system, set it up for abuse by the public and declining private sector and now hold it politically hostage. And this is the fault of an entire generation in the USA born between 1946 and 1964?

Yeah, I can see all the strange reasoning skills taught in the schools in the 1960's did cause a problem.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: buster

So let me get this straight. In Greece, public worker unions went hog wild, raped the system, set it up for abuse by the public and declining private sector and now hold it politically hostage. And this is the fault of an entire generation in the USA born between 1946 and 1964?

Yeah, I can see all the strange reasoning skills taught in the schools in the 1960's did cause a problem.

No, I was referring to what Al called the U.S. ponzi scheme. Greece is have issues for a lot of reasons, one big one being the monetary system they have in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back