Not open for further replies.
Flathead Ford
Harley V-twin
John Deere Model A (ie Johnny Popper)
P & W R2800
J-79 at full AB. (Working between the cats on The ENTERPRISE cost
me some of my hearing)

Any more?

.....getting to church at 0730 sunday morning to "warm up" the new 30K watt sound system, before anybody else shows up, and playing ANYTHING I feel like at WOT. Last Sunday, it was AC/DC and The Cult. This Sunday, probably go with "The Camera Eye" by Rush.

......kids....sleeping..LOL.

I really like the way most of the dodge diesels sound. Very "big truck" like.

I love the sound of 4.6 Ford Modular motors with an off road x-pipe and good mufflers. It's an unmistakable sound.

I also love how 5.0s sound with a good muffler(s).

The sound of any diesel pickup is also awesome. Personally I like 7.3 PSDs.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I like the sound of a detroit diesel being run through the gears.
My husky 372 chainsaw makes some nice noises too.
Oh, yeah, like in the fire truck - Isnt that a 2 stroke diesel?! That takes the cake and then some!

Good music through my vintage Pioneer stereo system : SA-9800 amp / TX-9500II Tuner / SG-9800 EQ into a pair of Realistic Mach-Ones.

Now that old SA-9800 is only 120-wpc, but they used a different scale then (continuous average at 8-ohms, not peak at 1 or 2) and those horses are Clydesdales!

Originally Posted By: jstutz
......kids....sleeping..LOL.

amen to that.

what sounds even ebtter is when they sleep from 8PM to 8AM.

without waking up or calling out.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Rolls-Royce Trent 800

+1

Also, the radial engines on a B-17 Flying Fortress. Or any radial engine, for that matter.

When I lie in bed with the windows open and the birds start tuning up an hour before dawn.
Once awake, I like the sound of a twin cam I 6 engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
.....getting to church at 0730 sunday morning to "warm up" the new 30K watt sound system, before anybody else shows up, and playing ANYTHING I feel like at WOT. Last Sunday, it was AC/DC and The Cult. This Sunday, probably go with "The Camera Eye" by Rush.
How about something from "Houses of the Holy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back