Great bass playing in a song

The question is best bass and not merely people who play the bass.

Probably one of the best players was Henry Davis playing on Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way".

Listen to the song and then listen again by focusing on the bass.

This is a YouTube link to a bassist playing it and it's a a hard piece to place. The duration, range and the different strings for the entire song.

I haven’t gone through this whole thread but for a song with a great bass line I have to thrown in a vote for Grand Funk Railroad—- I’m Your Captain.

Mine as well. After Moon died though they were never the same again.
My favorite, too.
I had the opportunity to ask Roger Daltrey what he thought about Townshend saying that he wished they'd quit when Moon died. Without hesitation he said "I wish we never had." This was when they'd got back together for a tour in 1989 after being split for five years.

I came across this short Entwistle clip. OMG.

My favorite, too.
I had the opportunity to ask Roger Daltrey what he thought about Townshend saying that he wished they'd quit when Moon died. Without hesitation he said "I wish we never had." This was when they'd got back together for a tour in 1989 after being split for five years.

That’s awesome!👍

My favorite, too.

Daltrey and Townshend sure had their differences for a long time there. I seem to recall they have mended those fences.

I also read that they felt that the two albums, It’s Hard and Face Dances should have never been done. They were under pressure from the record company to produce and get on tour. If you listen to those albums they are just not The Who at all. Daltrey and Townshend recorded their parts separately and the studio put it together. I also had a small listen to some of their stuff after that. It was pitiful.

Moon’s death really shook them and when The Ox died they should have disbanded.

( not sure what happened with this comment )

Back