Grease for 2008 2500HD Dmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to service my 08 Dmax and curious which grease would be best for my 11 zerk fittings? I prefer REDLINE and have looked into using CV2 on everything(really like the moly),but am concerned about the differing bases in the two greases(factory is lithium based). Thanks

They use zerk fittings? Wow didn't know that. Look in the manual. Greasing them every so often you will be miles away from everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the TSC green grease it doesnt seem to bleed out like most others I've used. (M1 grease was the worst offender)

My truck has 376k miles and 18 years on the original ball joints with M1 grease every 3k miles. Hard to argue with that.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Why not Amsoil Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease, NLGI #2? (GPOR2) It also has 5% Moly.

Great choice^^ or there's Schaeffer's #238 5% Moly,both with good thickeners that highly resists water washout and can extend maintenance intervals(less time greasing).

Yeah come to think of it, I had considered the Amsoil GPOR2, but was concerned about compatibility? I think the factory grease GM uses is lithium based.

Last edited:
Calcium complex the thickener Amsoil uses is compatible with the factory lithium complex if thats whats in there.

I have had great success with Kendall SHP calcium sulfonate grease. Switching from lithium I was able to extend tie rod life by 4x.

Same trucks, same tie rod supplier, only the grease changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back