Gravely ZT 60 w/3100's, Handles not lining up in full reverse.

ZT60, new in 2019 was working fine. Used my come along attached to the front of the frame to raise the front just enough to where the rear hitch touched the ground to change the blades, all went well. Lowered her, took 10 minutes to put tools up then fired her up and noticed the control levers seemed out of line. She took a pretty hard right turn unless I moved the controls to fight it. Also noticed when i pull to reverse one lever goes back almost 2" more than the other. I thought maybe I had caught the handles on my 2x6 beam that the come along was hanging from but there was no way, it is wider than the handles can go. It does not creep in neutral. I am going to bleed the system tomorrow just in case air got in there, but it really seems to be a mechanical issue somehow. I have not adjusted the creep or neutral position settings. I have removed the drive wheels to inspect the linkages and they don't appear bent or anything, they look identical. She is going mostly straight in fwd now that I have run it some, I think I can adjust that out, it is the reverse out of whack handle position that have me worried. OEM filters c/o 30 hours ago, no leaks, fluid levels good. I'm at a loss....Pic 1 is at full reverse, 2 neutral, 3+4 linkages, forgot which is L and R.
1000004508.jpg
1000004513.jpg
1000004516.jpg

Attachments

• 20240106_175507 (1).jpg
    20240106_175507 (1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sorry for the extra pics, I'm blaming the computer lol.

Thanks, but they were aligned before I changed the blades....that's the odd thing. Nothing there has changed. The transaxle is not letting the levers go like they used to, and the mower turns (to the right or left, I don't remember) going backwards unless I move the levers in an uneven position. Probably need to take it to someone with more knowledge than our local Dealer/parts changer.

P27
"Notice-Reverse travel can only be adjusted by your Gravely Dealer"
Dang...

UPDATE. I air bled the units and put it into service. I did adjust fwd travel a little to go straight, not much. Still very much a mystery what happened but it seems ok now. Maybe while it was leaned back to c/o the blades some air got in thru the expansion tanks?????????? Didn't do this before at the same angle tho....Just glad it's working$$

I have another thread about this now. Issue is still there, and the bypasses don't work to let it freewheel.

"Hydrogear 3100 right side slow now"​

Back