grateful for my honda powered winco and the legendary honda eu2000i

lost power at 1000 hours on saturday during hurricane fiona i fired the honda powered winco dl6000he and she's been running 2 inverter a/c units. (24,000btu +12,000btu) plus an old window style a/c 10,000btu), you can't imagine how happy i am even though we have gone thru this. my family is comfortable during the island wide outage and that's a great feeling. i have Rotella T1 sae 30 in the winco unit. so far zero consumption. the honda eu2000i is running my fridge, extra freezer, tv and internet. the eu has delo hd sae 30 and has been on constantly without skipping a beat. zero consumption with both monograde oils. will do 50 hour oil changes. i have T4 15W-40 on hand for the next changes. God bless and if you've been affected by fiona i hope you are safe.
44410A64-3491-4673-9D49-C28F530C5DC6.jpeg
34F5869D-B32B-4D0B-A12C-D749E93B9501.jpeg

1A448746-3181-4BB5-A745-B4053BD80306.jpeg
1FDFBD2C-135D-4FBE-9907-96709E77BF13.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Honda eu2000 and it has kept our food in the freezer and refrigerator from going bad. That generator has been a valuable tool to have. We have needed it about once a year for 5 years now. Like you, I am a Rotella fan. Because of our winters, I use Rotella T5 in 10w30. Otherwise, in a warmer climate, I would use the Rotella straight 30 like you use.

I am currently looking for a 10K watt generator for powering more things when the power goes out.

It is good to be prepared..

I have a Honda eu2000 and it has kept our food in the freezer and refrigerator from going bad. That generator has been a valuable tool to have. We have needed it about once a year for 5 years now. Like you, I am a Rotella fan. Because of our winters, I use Rotella T5 in 10w30. Otherwise, in a warmer climate, I would use the Rotella straight 30 like you use.

I am currently looking for a 10K watt generator for powering more things when the power goes out.

It is good to be prepared..
T5 is a great choice 👍

do you have a specific brand in mind for the 10kw?

I was thinking Honda or Yamaha. I really haven't gotten around to doing my research yet. I am not sure if Generac is a good option?

I am thinking portable generator. We have already had an electrician wire a junction box and safety switch/interlock to the main breaker. As much as I would like to have a standby generator permanently mounted on a pad, I prefer a portable generator on wheels that I can move around.

I was thinking Honda or Yamaha. I really haven't gotten around to doing my research yet. I am not sure if Generac is a good option?

I am thinking portable generator. We have already had an electrician wire a junction box and safety switch/interlock to the main breaker. As much as I would like to have a standby generator permanently mounted on a pad, I prefer a portable generator on wheels that I can move around.
if you're looking for a portable Honda powered unit the US made Winco HPS12000HE Tri-Fuel Portable Generator is a great option. it will give you the 10kw continus watts you're looking for. you might want to put it on your research list.

Back