eu2000i through southeast tornados

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
^ clever setup with the relay. Whenever I want to play with my generators I just remember that gasoline powered electricity is 10-15x grid cost.
laugh.gif

The relay is a DPDT 30 Amp contacts 120 AC coil wired to get its power from the furnace blower motor. Both sides that are NC are wired in parallel and those are in series in the line from the fuse box to the fridge. When the relay is energized the contacts open and disable the power to the fridge.

The wire from the furnace blower motor to power the relays coil has a low power DPDT switch with one NO contact wired to break or make the power from the furnace motor to the relay coil. The other side of the low power switch has the NO contact wired to energize a red indicator light that is powered by one of the 120 AC line connections from the fuse box so the red light lights up to indicate that the fridge interrupt circuit is activated, just in case someone toggles that switch when they should not.

With this set-up the 2000 watt gen-set can power both the furnace and the fridge without the the start surge from either exceding the 2000 watts of the gen-set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back