Grass Mowing

I just got to thinking about the grass today and realized I may have only cut it about 4 times this year . It's been really dry this summer so not much grass is growing . Luckily it hasn't been very hot . Last week we had a day it sprinkled and that was about it .
Stuff is definitely not growing this year. My grass and plants are slow despite plenty of irrigation. The local farms have corn mazes that didn’t grow tall enough to be used this year. Something is odd.

Likewise here. I just mowed on Thursday, but before that it had been weeks. It was pretty tall along the fence where it gets shade, and is the low spot between lots which means the water collects there. In the middle of the yard, I could barely tell where I had mowed vs. where I hadn't.

Lucky guys. Ive been mowing like usual this year and it needs to be done again. Ugh

Also had weeks I didn’t have to mow because it just didn’t seem to grow… which sucks because I don’t mind mowing now with my zero turn. Last year it seemed to need it every friggin week at least.

I have been mowing twice a week now for a month and a half in N.Ohio. The grass is slowing down now. I have property 25 miles south and its been every two weeks since early May. The farm pond is down about three feet.

mowed as usual this year, at least once a week, some weeks it could have used it two times a week

I mow about every 5 days however this has been a dry year. The plants and shrubs are about half their usual size. I run the sprinkler system and still have a couple small spots where the grass is brown. We need rain here where I live.

I have been mowing twice a week now for a month and a half in N.Ohio. The grass is slowing down now. I have property 25 miles south and its been every two weeks since early May. The farm pond is down about three feet.

I'm in Ohio and keep track how many times I mow per season.

Last year, I mowed 28 times. Non fertilized 3 acres of grass.

Lived at my sister-in-laws Worthington, OH home while having a new home built and that lawn got mowed 33 times so far this year.
That lawn is fertilized. Will get mowed at least 2 more times before the end of season.

Total rainfall for 2022 so far in CMH is 39.8 inches. Columbus, OH. We already met our annual average with 2 months and 3 weeks left in the year. Mowing will end in early November .

I irrigated my lawn and needed to mow it every 5-6 days during the hot months. it's slowing down now with shorter days and cooler nights.

I just got to thinking about the grass today and realized I may have only cut it about 4 times this year . It's been really dry this summer so not much grass is growing . Luckily it hasn't been very hot . Last week we had a day it sprinkled and that was about it .
Similar as we had a severe drought over the summer coupled to hot heat in Coastal Nee England.

The beginning of the season I was mowing quite frequently, as the summer dragged on much less. Due to my work schedule I can only mow once a week and there was some times it needed it twice. But, when the rain was less frequent it was every other week for almost a month. Front lawn was fertilized in June, but didn't increase the mowing frequency luckily. Just looked greener.

Seemed normal here. Mowed what should have been about every 7 or so days (I should mow more but don't) but tried to come up with excuses to push it to 10 or 12. Half of those excuses were legit due to rain on mow day and then the grass not being dry enough the next day sometimes two. It's slowed down the last couple weeks due to temps dropping below 70. It's sunny but 45 degrees at the moment.

A few 12" tall dandelions are in the yard now the past few days out of nowhere. I don't know what's up with that. Haven't seen those since around April.

Grass is growing like always - but plants that survived our hard freeze are stunted badly …

A few 12" tall dandelions are in the yard now the past few days out of nowhere. I don't know what's up with that. Haven't seen those since around April.
As of right now , we dont have any. Hopefully we dont see any more of them this year

I didn't mow from the middle of June until the middle of August. We had zero rain during that time, and then broke several records for rainfall in August. Now I have "April" grass that I'm mowing weekly.

Back