Got a crazy offer for our Minivan.

In the current economic environment I'd be inclined to keep that mini van if it wasn't giving me problems.
That's what I'm trying to explain to them. If they do end up buying an X7, I'm the one that's going to have to deal with issues and getting them fixed after the warranty ends since I'm the only one with some mechanical knowledge on BMWs. I'm not gonna have time for that man

That's what I'm trying to explain to them. If they do end up buying an X7, I'm the one that's going to have to deal with issues and getting them fixed after the warranty ends since I'm the only one with some mechanical knowledge on BMWs. I'm not gonna have time for that man
Good luck with that. It can be tough changing a person's mind when they have it made it.

I decided to list our 2011 Toyota Sienna on craigslist and what have you to see if I can get what I listed it for. Plus, my ma kinda wants to get into a luxury car even though she has one. She really likes the BMW X7.
So, I got an offer of $22k for our minivan (I've got it listed at $22k. That's 3k above retail). I showed it to a gentleman Wednesday. He liked it and everything. He offered $20,750. I was at $21,250. Told him I'd let him know about his offer Thursday. Later that night, I had a talk with my parents and we decided to keep the van. I let him know and he was okay with it. I just got a call from him later this morning and he offered $22k.
But, idk we're not really convinced about selling it for an X7. $70k for a car seems like a lot of money. Well, dads okay with it. But, I don't think it's really a good financial decision to make taking into consideration that interest rates are super high along with car prices. Also, the van is 12 years old with 78k miles on it and looks newer than a lot of 4-year-old cars I see. We can get at least 15 more years out of it. Plus, it's more of a want than a need. We don't need a new/luxury car. We've got 2 of those already. But, $22k for a 12-year-old minivan is kind of hard to pass up.
Perhaps you can switch car brands/styles and buy new at MSRP and trade/sell at 22k.

Perhaps you can switch car brands/styles and buy new at MSRP and trade/sell at 22k.
Lexus doesn't have a 3rd row SUV. I think? They don't want to sell the minivan for another Toyota or something. Acura MDXs third row is tight. I'm just gonna keep trying to talk them out of it

Lexus doesn't have a 3rd row SUV. I think? They don't want to sell the minivan for another Toyota or something. Acura MDXs third row is tight. I'm just gonna keep trying to talk them out of it
I see, you still need that 3 row configuration. Any other brands of interest at msrp?

Assuming that Sienna lived in the rust belt it's whole 12yrs, $22K is awfully tempting.
I've looked underneath it. For 12 years old, it's hardly got ant rust. Just some surface rust on the bolts and what not. Garage kept its whole life. I've got a undercarriage wash from Amazon I hook up to the pressure washer. In the winter, we just take it to a touch free wash with the under carriage wash thing.

I see, you still need that 3 row configuration. Any other brands of interest at msrp?
I don't see the point of a 3rd row. Parents do 😂. They asked about lexus. I'd say a RX would be nice but. I could get them a new explorer for under invoice since I work at Ford. But, I'd have them buy an explorer with the 3.0 the 2.3 are problematic

I've looked underneath it. For 12 years old, it's hardly got ant rust. Just some surface rust on the bolts and what not. Garage kept its whole life. I've got a undercarriage wash from Amazon I hook up to the pressure washer. In the winter, we just take it to a touch free wash with the under carriage wash thing.
Good deal. That is amazing for a Sienna. They tend to rust badly in the Buffalo NY area.

I don't see the point of a 3rd row. Parents do 😂. They asked about lexus. I'd say a RX would be nice but. I could get them a new explorer for under invoice since I work at Ford. But, I'd have them buy an explorer with the 3.0 the 2.3 are problematic
Too bad re the 3rd row requirement. The Ford sounds like a, possible, good economic opportunity.

If you can afford a $70K SUV then you can afford to keep both.

So the only real question is do you want to sell the minvan for $22K, or does it have $22K of "utility" left in it for you to keep.

I generally just keep my cars - even when I buy new - I have had as many as 4 cars at one time, and had to get rid of one because parking became a pain. Only other reason I have parted with any was moving a couple times cross country, and a couple needed more work than I was willing to do.

If I could get 22K for a vehicle I wasn't really in love with and didn't need, I likely would do it. What to buy after is a separate choice.

What's wrong with the 2.3's?
IIRC, that's the same engine as what's in the Mustang, Ranger etc.

Back