Goodyear's 30 day test drive???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hearing something about Goodyear tires having a 30-day test drive. Is this true?

I recently bought two new sets of Goodyear tires from a local Goodyear Gemini Car Care shop - Eagle RSAs and ComforTreds - for my two Crown Victorias.

Unfortunately, I got in a wreck yesterday in one of the Crown Vics and the car is going to be a total loss. I don't really want to give the insurance company a brand new set of tires since they're not going to give me anything extra for them anyhow. (My mechanic still has the old set of tires at his shop, so I can get them put on the car before the insurance adjuster comes to view my car.)

So, my questions are:

Do Goodyear tires really have the 30-day test drive guarantee? If so, does the guarantee apply to all of their tires, or just the Assurance line (including the ComforTreds).

Does anyone know how the guarantee works? Do they refund your money or make you buy another set of tires or what?

If they refund your money, is it just the price of the tires or does it included labor, valve stems, and everything?

Time is of the essence here since I purchased both sets of tires about 27 days ago.

I wanted to get some answers on here before I call the store and hear their version of the story. I don't really trust the Goodyear service center to be upfront and honest with me.

quote:

Originally posted by AstroVic:
......I don't really trust the Goodyear service center to be upfront and honest with me.....

Sorry to hear about your accident ....Uh.....Mmmmm..... How to say this?......OK, I'll just say it!......

You're not exactly being honest yourself!

The purpose of the 30 day guarantee (and many manufacturers offer a version of it!) is to convince folks who are reluctant. Generally, it allows folks to go into the same brand, but a different pattern. Most tire dealers will bend the rule to include other brands, but a dedicated Goodyear store will be hard pressed to justify this type of switch. It is not a refund type program.

I suggest you remove the tires and sell them on eBay. Your conscience will thank you.

[ April 02, 2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: CapriRacer ]

yeah, remove the tyres and sell on ebay.

note that when my car was totaled, the adjuster came out and measured my treadwear. he said the difference between a car with worn out tyres and one with new tyres is about $50.

Try calling the store manager.

A guy I worked with had a similar thnig happen, and the tire store took the 'new' tires back and gave him a voucher for the purchase price less installation/balancing etc.

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to be dishonest here. I had no intention on lying to anyone.

At this point, I still own this car outright and nobody from any insurance company has come to look at the car or offer any sort of settlement for the car.

I was unclear whether or not this was a "test drive" situation or a "money back guarantee if you're unhappy for ANY reason" kind of thing.

What I think I'm going to do is take the car to my mechanic (who still has my old tires sitting in his shop) and have him switch the tires out before an adjuster comes and makes an offer. The old tires still have decent tread on them and would pass inspection with no problems, so I'm not worried about any issues there.

I'd just hate to give away a brand new set of $500 tires with less than 300 miles on them to a salvage yard, especially when the insurance company isn't going to give me jack squat extra just because my car has new tires on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back