Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires

Hello,

Anyone use the Goodyear Endurance trailer tire? I am looking for a load range D in a 215 75R14.. Got a better option? I would like to stay under the $250 price range for two tires...

I put 205/75-15 Endurance tires on our trailer last summer and have 3000 miles on them now. The difference in build between them and the Westlakes that came off is obvious. The Goodyears are noticeably heavier with far stiffer sidewalls. I didn't use the Westlakes much, they were low miles but had timed out. Satisfied with the tires, buy once cry once. I also bought a TPMS system, truth is a flat trailer tire isn't the problem, not catching it before it tears the side off your trailer is.

I went from a 205/75-15 D load rating to a 225/75-15 E rated tire on our travel trailer and went with the GY’s. No problems so far but probably only have about 3000 miles so far. I had metal valve stems installed and had them balanced. The trailer does seem to pull easier with a nice smooth ride. I don’t pull it very fast, 60-65, but glad to have the extra speed rating, 88, and the extra load capacity. When these expire that’s what will go back on it.

This is going on a boat trailer, and currently it has a load C. I would like to move up to the load D rating.. Seems like these are a good tire...

This is going on a boat trailer, and currently it has a load C. I would like to move up to the load D rating.. Seems like these are a good tire...
Can your rims handle the additional PSI? The specs are usually stamped on the steel wheel some where.

Can your rims handle the additional PSI? The specs are usually stamped on the steel wheel some where.
How can a rim be rated to a certain PSI? Does it have to do with the tire flange design?

I don’t - but one of our senior engineers has been using them since they came out -
hauls farm equipment and cattle - he’s hooked on them …

I've been following the ST tire story for over a decade. That was when ST tire failures were fairly common and there didn't seem to be any movement by anyone to fix the problem. Part of the problem was trailer manufacturers using tires that were too small (load carrying capacity-wise), but part of the problem was also ST tire manufacturers not updating their construction to the latest technology. Goodyear Marathons were particularly cited as an issue.

Since that time both trailer manufacturers and tire manufacturers have made changes to address the issue.

- BUT -

Goodyear started making the Endurance series in the fall of 2016, and since that time, I have not heard of ANY failures (other than road hazards). IMHO, it was this introduction that forced every other tire manufacturer to step up!

How can a rim be rated to a certain PSI? Does it have to do with the tire flange design?
There are no regulations requiring wheels (rims) to be marked for max load and/or max inflation pressure. I suspect that is because wheel failures are almost non-existent, so why spend the effort to regulate something that is working so well.

The best information I have been able to dig up is that inflation pressure just isn't an issue for wheels - but load is!! All the wheel designers I have talked to say they don't consider inflation pressure AT ALL. So I think it was wrong to assert there might be an issue.

RIMS are rated to a certain PSI. It's usually stamped inside the RIM. Im not sure on your other question.
I guess what I meant is why even care about PSI for a wheel when its steel / aluminum. You can inflate a tire to 150psi and though that's bad for a tire the wheel shouldn't be affected.

I guess what I meant is why even care about PSI for a wheel when its steel / aluminum. You can inflate a tire to 150psi and though that's bad for a tire the wheel shouldn't be affected.

Let me know Owen what roads you travel-so I can travel different ones.....

Last edited:
Back