Goodrich Precept touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a short lifespan. Less than 2 years and they're being clearanced out? Good looking tire, too bad they aren't made in wide 14's for my Torino. Right now BFG Radial T/A's and Firestone Indy 500s are the only ones out there short of truck tires. And they're all white letter in the 14's.

I think when these Douglases wear out on the big old beast, I'll grab a set of 16" CVPI steelies, tower center caps, and Dodge pickup trim rings like I had on my favorite taxicab. At least 225/60R16 tires almost match the diameter I need to get my speedo accurate again. And almost every tire in existence is made in that size.

I've got a 'Canadian' set of those I bought used on my '02 Cavalier for the last two years.

Overall, I'd have to agree they are pretty good all-round tires. They aren't bad in the snow, except I did have my first big spin-out in a while with them on the car the winter before last, but that was in extremely bad weather. They weren't bad at all last winter, now that I think about it.

I'm hoping to get the rest of the summer out of them, and then get something new on the car for next winter.

They were on the car about 3 months after new, but I thought they were absolutely horribly slippery in snow. Nearly enough to want new tires. Not as bad as wide summers, but not even as good as the 90,000 mile worn Conquests that were taken off!

They sure ride squishy though, enough to scare you from doing any hard driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back