Goodbye high dollar phone bill - Trying Mint Mobile

The only thing that needs to work every time is my pistol.

If my phone works most of the time.. I'm cool with that.

I pay 26 bucks a month, call it 27 if we are rounding up... I used to have a Virgin Mobile plan that went legacy before I went to another provider...

Verizon phone bills are more like car lease payments. Which should also be avoided..

Most people that have Verizon, or at least many I've talked to. They like to brag about how they have Verizon. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, they have their reward..

You can go up in the canyons around the Salt Lake Valley here. The only phone that will work ALMOST all of the time is Verizon. You know "you never really need your cellphone to work"-until you really need it to work..................does your vehicle break down when it's convenient as well?

I/we're on Airvoice for about 4 years, now $18 mo credit card, unlimited talk text with 3GB full speed data.
Support is 1 out of 10 calls, luckily I can usually figure it out, transfer settings, etc.
Generally buy Nexus so good band coverage...

How did we - with a FCC 'for' the people - end up with phones that do not talk to all towers?
If the phones will talk over a range of frequencies (channels within bands) then the relevant parts are in there - only code, regulations and profits keep them apart. Over!

How did we - with a FCC 'for' the people - end up with phones that do not talk to all towers?
If the phones will talk over a range of frequencies (channels within bands) then the relevant parts are in there - only code, regulations and profits keep them apart. Over!
that FCC"for the people" has been run by a former Verizon Lawyer for the last several years....and his decrees have, in large, only been for the corporate people...

You can go up in the canyons around the Salt Lake Valley here. The only phone that will work ALMOST all of the time is Verizon. You know "you never really need your cellphone to work"-until you really need it to work..................does your vehicle break down when it's convenient as well?

I think.. if you are up in that area, then maybe Verizon is for you. Me? Well.. heh. Never been. So why would I pay all that money to go up there to talk on my phone? Just sayin.

Still on a really old T-Mobile plan thats only 10.00 per extra line. I would leave them but its hard to beat. LG Phones work best on TM. Currently on Stylos 6,sold my Sony Experia XA2 Ultra and have been getting much better reception. Love paying 18 months of phone plan for under 200.00

Is this something that has been proven to negatively impact an MVNO customer's quality of service, or is it just something that could happen in theory?

I imagine trying to objectively prove it/measure it would be challenging.
I was told the same thing by one of my neighbors who works for Verizon Wireless. It could still be urban legend.

I still am not clear if these prices include all the taxes and fees or not. It’s hard to get to real truth on the monthly cost of changing without knowing that.

I still am not clear if these prices include all the taxes and fees or not. It’s hard to get to real truth on the monthly cost of changing without knowing that.
For Mint, from what I've been able to find out, figure about 15% extra in taxes and fees, on top of their advertised monthly rate.

Been paying Dish/Boost $30 for 4 gigs, now they're pushing a $15/4 gig bring your own phone plan. Will I have to go to one of their none too pleasant stores and get in a fight over fine print? Will they make me buy a replacement non Boost phone?

If, like me, you have a smart phone in the glove compartment for emergency use, try TELLO. I think it's $5 a month.

Three of my kids and myself are on Cricket's 4 lines w/ unlimited everything for $100/mo all-in. Taxes, fees, etc are built into that $100.

Wife and MIL are on my old Verizon plan. 2 lines, 4gigs shared and it's ~$100/mo if they don't go over on data.

I read it all the time that MVNOs prioritize traffic, throttle data, limit this or that, etc.. I do know Cricket can throttle data speed, but I haven't noticed it nor do my kids complain. I don't really care one bit at $25 per line. My connectivity and coverage is as good as the verizon wireless plan.

If you don't want to mess with SIMM cards and customer service, just buy a phone direct through cricket online and it will come with the SIMM and be mostly setup for you. So easy and they have good deals on phones. I've been using my cheap Moto G7 supra that I bought through cricket for 2yrs now. Tough as nails. Great battery life. More bells/whistles than I need. Has wifi calling and does all the innerwebs, and netfix watching that I need.

I've used Verizon pre-paid for a number of years. My bill is $38.00 per month. 3gb data, unlimited text/talk. Always low tier phones (LOL). Trying to get out of my J3 this winter, and into a refurbished S9 on Amazon.

I've used Verizon pre-paid for a number of years. My bill is $38.00 per month. 3gb data, unlimited text/talk.
Verizon Prepaid has new less expensive plans. You could switch to have unlimited talk and text with 5 GB data for $25 now. This includes the autopay discount and the loyalty discount.

Back