good website for cross ref'ing filters? (ac delco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Champ making AC/Delco now? - just buy a "store brand" stp or eq. and you'll get it. Why, I dont know. +1 on wix site for x-ref and the clarecore site too.

Last edited:
Regardless of one's personal opinions of Fram products, the Fram site is the best one I've found to check a wide variety of competitor's products.

The WIX site is a good one for detailed info.

The Tacoma takes the common (heck, we use 'em on our lawnmowers!!) 3614 filter. Look at the bottom of the 3614 page, for all the x-ref's.
thumbsup2.gif

When I was in the auto parts business, I was always told by manufacturer reps to ALWAYS go by application and not cross-reference.

I've only used x-reference if I absolutely cannot find a filter by application.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
When I was in the auto parts business, I was always told by manufacturer reps to ALWAYS go by application and not cross-reference.

I've only used x-reference if I absolutely cannot find a filter by application.

Agreed. K&N lists an oil filter for my Land Rover on their website that is not cross referenced anywhere else, even at AZ stores that carry K&N.

I hit every oil filter manufacturers website and then put together a sheet myself.

Hi talking about cross references can any body tell me what a AC Delco PF895 fits. I have lots of them and cannot find what their off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Isn't Champ making AC/Delco now? - just buy a "store brand" stp or eq. and you'll get it. Why, I dont know. +1 on wix site for x-ref and the clarecore site too.

Made by doesn't mean the same as. In the past, the PF 1177 had half again as much media as other lower priced filters including the ST 3950 and L 10193.

Unfortunately, AC may have gone to low bidder of the day now. Of course quality of the media is important too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back