Good way to get rid of athletes foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here have a bad case of athletes foot and what did you use/take to get rid of it? I am currently using the cream/spray as well as soaking my foot in epsom salt/warm water. Using some Hibiclens when I shower and first thing in the morning. May go see a actual doctor if it gets worse. I saw some clown at "urgent care" place at WAL MART near me, and the idiots there could really help me or they didnt seem to want to.

thank you very much in advance for any advice and opinions,

Adam

You could try the old Marine Corps method, but I've found Tinactin spray works great. Buying new shoes and socks can also help if the problem stems from working out and sweating.

Back in the day, we used Absorbine Jr to get rid of it.
Apply liberally a couple of times a day.
It did work, although current medical science will tell you that it should not have been effective against a fungus infection.
It was, though.

I didnt know that. I may have some of that Absorbine Jr. I dont work out or go to gyms just on my feet a lot at work.

Adam

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Plenty of Gold Bond.

This! Control the moisture situation, wash socks with bleach and hot water.

+1 for regular sock changes. Like at lunch and then again at 5-6pm. Seriously set a alarm, and buy a BUNCH of new socks.

Also, How old are your shoes? Think about getting new ones.

I've been able to cure infections in my feet and toes by soaking them in epson salts and also a separate bath of Listerine. However, molds and fungus will probably respond differently than Bacteria.

I have all kinds of stuff wrong with my toes and feet. If I don't stay on top of them they get gross fast. Take care of your feet, and they will take care of you.

Pee on your feet in the shower. Yep, seriously.

Bleach socks. Change shoes. Lamisil cream.

Oh, and pee on them

Peeing on your feet is an old military trick to keep your feet free of fungal problems, works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys and I didnt know you could get Lamisil pill with prescription. I am on vacation all this coming week. Got here to NC friday evening. I have soaked the foot in epsom salts and used tinactin cream and spray. I have foot powder but its not gold bond. If I go anywhere this week I will put some powder in my socks and in my shoes. Should I put foot powder on the feet before bed or no?

thank you guys for all the advice and I will report back as I am hopefully getting better.

Adam

Lotramin Ultra is a prescription strength anti fungal cream that was once called Mentax, now its sold over the counter at CVS Walgreens Walmart. Its kills any fungal problem / ring worm very fast. Apply twice per day, no need to cake it on... just rub onto affected area. This stuff is like dropping a 1000 Lb laser guided bomb to kill an ant.

It is a VERY strong cream !!!

Get some socks that have wicking ability, If your feet are damp when you take them off, switch socks and make sure your shoes can let your feet breath. That and the previous advice on the lotramin ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back