Good Price On 9 MM Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
The last of this I got had crimped primers, which is a pain if you reload.

Yes, it's NATO military spec ammo. So it does have crimped primers. It also states it is loaded to 10% higher pressure than standard FMJ Ball ammo is. I believe the reason for both the crimped primers and the 10% higher pressure is for reliable functioning in military SMG's.

For what it's worth, I went to the register with 30 boxes and they rang it up no problem. They were more than happy to sell it to me. I was in there earlier in the week, and the pallet they had out was almost empty. This morning they had another full one in it's place. So they've got plenty of the stuff, that's for sure.

It's a good time to be stocking up on ammo. It's not always this cheap and I don't see it getting cheaper. It will certainly go up.

Originally Posted by hatt
It's a good time to be stocking up on ammo. It's not always this cheap and I don't see it getting cheaper. It will certainly go up.

That's my take as well. All it takes is another big shooting, or something political to happen, and it will send all the Lemmings into another panic buy. When I see a good bargain, especially on 9 MM and .45 ACP, I always try to jump on it. You just never know. And let's be honest, you can never have too much ammo.

[Linked Image]

You don't need to pile up everything. Your carry/home defense gun, you need a decent supply of ammo. At least a few years worth of what you normally shoot.

About the normal price at targetsportsusa.com
Let your fingers do the walking. Arrives at your door. No tax. I don't bother with stores anymore.

Why?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

Why?

A gun without ammunition is like a car without fuel... Useless. You can't buy and store gasoline when it's cheap. You can ammo. How many firearms / ammo / magazine shortages have we been through since 2008? The Sandy Hook shooting alone brought about the start of a .22 rimfire ammo shortage that lasted all of 5 years. People were lining up at Wal-Mart at 7:00 AM to buy their, "daily allotment". Many were then turning around and reselling it. It was stupid on steroids, but it happened, and inconvenienced everyone in the process. It became so bad, that for a while people quit buying .22 caliber rifles and pistols because ammunition became all but unobtainable.

Mail order places were out of stock on most anything and everything rimfire. When they had it, they had it for 5 minutes and the price was sky high. I had tens of thousands of rounds accumulated. None of my .22's skipped a beat through that whole circus act. Now that .22 prices have somewhat returned to normal, I'm replenishing that supply. I do the same with 9 MM and .45 ACP. I buy mail order as well. But when I can simply walk in and buy for a good price, it's more convenient. I then save the brass for future reloading, if the cost ever rises enough to demand it. Now it doesn't pay to reload it. But down the road, especially with how crazy it's been, who knows?

12 Gauge and .223 / 5.56 MM I reload. So I'll buy components and brass in bulk when I get the chance. If you shoot a lot, and average buy your ammunition and components when the price is low, you can lower the cost per round substantially. That means more and cheaper shooting. If all I shot was a case or 2 a year, I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally Posted by Al
Let your fingers do the walking. Arrives at your door. No tax. I don't bother with stores anymore.

Why?

Don't do it. I don't care.

I've been adding to the stash pretty aggressively over the last two years. I've got enough ammo to be able to shoot as much as I would like for several years of foolishness and short supply.

Ammo doesn't go bad.

Buying it cheap saves me money, and allows me to shoot if the prices experience another shock.

I won't have to buy during the next "crisis".

I usually buy most of my ammo online but I stopped on my way home from work and picked up 1000 rounds of this stuff. 18¢/round after tax, that's pretty good as far I'm concerned. They didn't have a pallet of it at my store, but they had a well stocked end cap so I'm guessing they've just been restocking it when it gets low.

I use that Winchester NATO ammo for practice exclusively now since it's recoil and ballistics are similar toy carry ammo. Have been buying at wallys but have also found it on sgammo.com for the same price in the OP.

I was in a gun store today and they had Winchester "service grade" 115 grain 9mm for $8/box of 50. It had crimped primers so I passed but this is something to look out for.

Originally Posted by Al

Why?

Don't do it. I don't care.

Don't need to. I have more than lots.

Originally Posted by Astro14
I
I won't have to buy during the next "crisis".

Its at least 1 year 9 months away.

Last edited:
I just dropped $212 on a 1000 rounds of 9mm Fiochi plus some smaller quantities of. 38&.357 mag. I have good experience with Target Sports and SGammo.
SG is a bit cheaper and shipping is not outrageous... in fact it's a wash factoring in sales tax locally and the quality is very good. SGammo is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back