good group III syn for autorx 2nd phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for an Audi 1.8T so I dont want to chance it with regular dino. Shold I go with Rotella or Syntec? vote now please.

if tempuratures permit- how about delo 400. group 2+ (basically, a group 3 from what i understand).. being an HDEO you can rest asure it has a good beefy add pack that will help wash away the gunk and won't start breaking down prematurly.

I was thinking of other posabilities...

as you mentioned already, the rotella, or syntec (none gc)..

so the list of easily obtainable options would look something like this..

rotella synthetic
castrol syntec (non gc)
quaker state synthetic
supertech 10W30 full synthetic
delo 400 15w40 ("iso syn" sortof a group 2-3 range oil)

if you have already decided between eithor syntec or rotella, prolly go rotella- it would likally have more detergents to help wash away the loosened up crud- being an HDEO.

I'm using Delo in my clean and rinse cycles with ARX. Syntec is a non-synthetic oil. The synthetic part is advertising, not the oil. In any case I'd use Delo, it's cheap and good. Syntec is ok and expensive. If you have a Costco near, it's #37.55 for a case of 6 one gallon jugs. With sales tax and disposal fee it makes it about $1.75 a quart. If given both for free, I'd still run Delo.

I've had good results running Rotella T 5w40 as 2nd Autorx rinse phase for my 1.8T ATW . With only 2.5k, this rinse oil looks like it ran a full 5k oci..all dirty & black, a good sign the procedure ran well.

I'd also consider Delo 400 15w40 as rinse oil(Grp II+)for the 1.8T...

Ok, so if Grp III oils are marketed as "synthetic", then this Grp II+ Isosyn Delo 400 hdeo could be considered as.."synthetic blend"?
dunno.gif

Frank has specifically commented on the Rotella 5w-40 being a decent choice with AutoRX.

The comments about the Castrol seem worth more reading as I do remeber reading some about the Castrol dino even getting some polarizing adds which make it less suitable for AutoRX rinse, seems logical they would go the same way with the Syntec.

DJ
Member # 3163

posted 20 September, 2005 08:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank has specifically commented on the Rotella 5w-40 being a decent choice with AutoRX.

The comments about the Castrol seem worth more reading as I do remeber reading some about the Castrol dino even getting some polarizing adds which make it less suitable for AutoRX rinse, seems logical they would go the same way with the Syntec.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 571 | From: New London WI | Registered: Jan 2004 | IP: Logged |

The "polarizing adds" are esters which will interfer with auto-rx. A lot of "synthetics" including groupIII's use esters to cause your engine's to seals swell. These ester's will cause problems with your Auto-Rx cycle.

I like rotella 5w-40... Im using it now ina rinse phase, and its working well.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back