Good Grease Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Looking for a decent grease gun to do chassis lubes on my vehicles. I don't need top of the line, don't want cheap garbage either.

What brand are you using, how do you like it?
Pistol grip or lever handle?
Is it a cartridge style or do you have to load the barrel yourself?

Last edited:
We have these at work and use them everyday for greasing the roller coasters and park rides. No complaints about them. One guy has a lever handle that comes in handy for a few grease fittings on the steel coaster trains but that's subjective to the location you're using it. We use whatever EP-2 spec grease corporate gets cheapest.

Thanks guys. With your experience using these guns, do you think the 1 and 2 star Amazon reviews are due to user error or are these guns truly marginal enough that it's hit or miss whether you get a good one or not?

Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Hey all,

Looking for a decent grease gun to do chassis lubes on my vehicles. I don't need top of the line, don't want cheap garbage either.

Lincoln lever grease gun.

Not too many vehicles have Zerk fittings these days.

I need both Lever & Pistol.....Lever gives max pressure while pistol can be used in tighter places.

The old Stewart-Warner Alemite's were some really good guns! If buying new.....Lincoln!

Maybe Trav knows of some German/European guns worth the money?

Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Hey all,

I have a pistol grip, cartridge gun made by Plews which I have used for some time. You won't wear a gun out for home use and cannot justify spending a lot of money on it but I do appreciate a flex hose and the pistol grip. For home use, there is no need for a $130 grease gun. Use the money to buy good grease and oil.

Last edited:
Back in the day, SW and Alemite were top notch. If that's still the case, then I'll definitely be looking at those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back