Good for a year or more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for those of us who are overly concerned with oil changes:
Yesterday a woman came in with her 2003 Grand Vitara. 7,000 km on it. She said her husband asked her if she had had the oil changed and she was afraid to tell him she didn't know what he meant. So she told us to change it, but to use an oil that was good for at least a year because she didn't want to worry about it. (We put Chev. Supreme Synthetic 5w40 in it, but I still told her we'd like to see her before the year is out.)

ouch.

Well, maybe if they don't drive much then a year won't be too many miles.
wink.gif

WOW!!! You know what has always worried me about 1 year oil changes! If you are not useing UOA then you have no idea what the additive package is doing!! This illastrates exactly why I have always hated buying used vechiles. I have only own one new vechile. I just hate the fact that you could easily pay top dollar for a vechile that is 3 years old with 12,000 miles on it with only 3 oil changes. Most people that do this type of thing do not use good oil or filters and tend to do nothing but short trip driveing!!!

I know she will be back before the year is out because we also sold her a bottle of Techron. She came back the next day to thank us.

7,000 km, once a year oil changes. Big deal. Good oil should handle that with no problem.

This is where a field TBN test kit would come in handy. For $5 a test you can't beat it for a little peace of mind.

quote:

Originally posted by satterfi:
This is where a field TBN test kit would come in handy. For $5 a test you can't beat it for a little peace of mind.

Great idea! I think I'll go start my new company now. ;-)

Just kidding. How exactly would an at-home kit work? Would it test the ph (acid/base number)?

Troy

Go here: http://www.google.com/
and type in "TBN field test kit"

Good luck with your new company, you've already got competition.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by troy_heagy:

quote:

Originally posted by satterfi:

Great idea! I think I'll go start my new company now. ;-)

Just kidding. How exactly would an at-home kit work? Would it test the ph (acid/base number)?

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back