Golf TDI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
go with a new jetta value edition TDI, hopefully he is not dead set on the hatchback, because a brand new TDI for 20 grand is a heck of a deal.

Short trips don's automatically kill the DPF. As long as you are getting some longer trips in, it will be no problem. there is a gentleman using his TDI as a taxi in the us, and he is getting close to 150k miles.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
go with a new jetta value edition TDI, hopefully he is not dead set on the hatchback, because a brand new TDI for 20 grand is a heck of a deal.

That car looks interesting for a next purchase for my wife's commuter car and for me to drive kids to ski slopers instead of fuel pig MDX. $20kish is tolerable.

It fits her odd ball requirements of manual transmission, decent power(torque) and heated seats.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

That car looks interesting for a next purchase for my wife's commuter car and for me to drive kids to ski slopers instead of fuel pig MDX. $20kish is tolerable.

It fits her odd ball requirements of manual transmission, decent power(torque) and heated seats.

This made me google it. Went to edmunds, pricing, chose manual trans, second option:
"Do you want Cruise Control?

Yes (starting at $23,625)
No (starting at $21,295)"

*bzzzzztttt*

OP - what are the driving requirements? Unless doing tons of miles and keeping the car for a long time, TDI's do not pay off economically (if that matters).

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Originally Posted By: rjundi

This made me google it. Went to edmunds, pricing, chose manual trans, second option:
"Do you want Cruise Control?

Yes (starting at $23,625)
No (starting at $21,295)"

*bzzzzztttt*

OP - what are the driving requirements? Unless doing tons of miles and keeping the car for a long time, TDI's do not pay off economically (if that matters).

dealers around here are regularly advertising it for 20 grand even.

This is the kind of stupidity by the Herndon half-wits at VWoA that keep VW from becoming a major player in the US market.
Why not have a value edition version of the Golf TDI as well?
Of course while I'm at it we still don't get the Polo in TDI form it can get as high as 75 MPG...or the Up! which also is a great little entry level model that can get very high MPGs with a small gas engine, and the price is competitive with other entry level models, they should be making this in Mexico and selling it here.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

This is the kind of stupidity by the Herndon half-wits at VWoA that keep VW from becoming a major player in the US market.
Why not have a value edition version of the Golf TDI as well?
Of course while I'm at it we still don't get the Polo in TDI form it can get as high as 75 MPG...or the Up! which also is a great little entry level model that can get very high MPGs with a small gas engine, and the price is competitive with other entry level models, they should be making this in Mexico and selling it here.

The Polo and Up! might need significant changes to pass US crash test standards, and some changes might need to be made to pass California smog. Those 2 reasons are often why many great cars don't get sold in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back