Go through insurance or pay out of pocket?

A good PDR guy can remove that dent but it won't be $50-75. I has a small self inflicted ding removed when the truck was new 3 years ago and it was $175. Agree with the above, get the dent removed, do some polishing and see what it looks like. What does sister want, back to like new or just not ugly?
She doesn't care 😂. Doesn't really care about the car. I don't even think the cars gotten cleaned since we brought it for her 7 months ago. Hence why I told pops not to buy her a new car for the 2nd time. I wouldn't bother going through insurance to fix it. Everyone's premium is going to go up because of this.

I'd rather have a PDR guy take the dent out and see if the scratches or what have you be buffed out the fender and bumper

Sisters car got whacked in a parking garage downtown Chicago. There's a dent on the fender and paint scraped off the fender and bumper. Insurance deductible is $500. What do y'all think a body shop would charge to fix this? The dent should easily pop out using PDR ($50-$75) Not sure how much it would cost to paint both the fender and probably the whole front bumper. Roughly $300? K

No photo description available.

Comment

Send
couple grand easy. Sad to say

Nothing wrong with bondo, they don’t just fill the dent with it. They’ll use a dent puller to get it out 90% and then some filler sanded smooth. A non-issue.

Also, a respray for a bumper is closer to $1k. Blending it? Of course more. That’s a $2k+ job.

Sounds like she doesn’t have a good track record with cars. I’d let her worry about it or live with it. Replacing a fender would be worse than whatever tiny amount of filler would be needed to ensure a smooth repair in my opinion. I’d avoid paint work if at all possible though. Properly worked, this is definitely way over $500 but a good PDR tech and a detailer will be able to get it pretty nice on a better budget.

Sisters car got whacked in a parking garage downtown Chicago. There's a dent on the fender and paint scraped off the fender and bumper. Insurance deductible is $500. What do y'all think a body shop would charge to fix this? The dent should easily pop out using PDR ($50-$75) Not sure how much it would cost to paint both the fender and probably the whole front bumper. Roughly $300? K

No photo description available.

Comment

Send
Just think probably $150-ish per hour of masking things off, prep, paint cost, time to paint and blend into other areas, clear coat spray, buff/polish, etc.

In 2018 I had about the same damage on my Toyota (friend backed into me) and I believe it was $1800. They replaced the entire fender, removed bumper cover and painted, etc.

Estimates are free. For something like that you could probably just send pictures to places and tell them you'd like to pay cash and were thinking PDR for the dent.

Many places warranty and won't do a cruddy job. That's what I ran into years ago. So I got a dent/swipe PDR'd, went to an auto parts store and got spray paint mixed to match my color, masked it all off and spray painted it. It worked out. If you looked closely you could tell. If you were just passing by you wouldn't have really noticed.

Or fine a family owned shop that'll do the bare minimum for you and won't warranty it. They might still exist.

Exactly. Or replacement.
Good PDR person will make it look pretty good. If you're looking for "good enough", PDR it for $150-250, go online or to a NAPA or paint place they'll mix based on your paint code, years ago they'd mix into an aerosol spray can for a small amount of paint like that. Wash it, mask stuff off, wait for little to no wind or far away from houses and other people's houses and cars and stuff you don't want paint on, throw a couple coats on, throw some clear coat, and then wash infrequently and the dirty car will hide your awful paint job 🤣

In Chicago, I'd live with it, as it will happen again very soon.

We have been warned here not to turn in much more on insurance, as our part of the world has been hit hard with hail and tornadoes in the past year, and companies are pulling out or dropping people regularly. One more claim could push an insurance company to drop you now. I had a new roof installed last summer.

Back