Go through insurance or pay out of pocket?

Sisters car got whacked in a parking garage downtown Chicago. There's a dent on the fender and paint scraped off the fender and bumper. Insurance deductible is $500. What do y'all think a body shop would charge to fix this? The dent should easily pop out using PDR ($50-$75) Not sure how much it would cost to paint both the fender and probably the whole front bumper. Roughly $300? K

No photo description available.

Comment

Send

It's not what you know, it's who you know. I've got a guy who helps me out. Making a good acquaintance with a good, small shop is invaluable. I stay out of bigger shops with a ton of overhead.

Good luck.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. I've got a guy who helps me out. Making a good acquaintance with a good, small shop is invaluable. I stay out of bigger shops with a ton of overhead.

Good luck.
I know a bodyshop that replaced and repainted my mom's minivans front bumper. Did a great job. Might just take it to him for an estimate

I got a nasty door ding on the Crosstrek when it was less than 2 months old. It's on the front quarter panel. My local reputable body shop wanted $1,500 to repair it.
Jesus, 1500 to remove a dent? This repair might be more than $500 now that I think about it. Just don't want any bondo on the dent. I want it pulled and then repair/replace the fender

I know a bodyshop that replaced and repainted my mom's minivans front bumper. Did a great job. Might just take it to him for an estimate
My bodyshop does excellent work but they are not inexpensive for this type of work. They don't do PDR. They will do a full replacement with fresh paint. My guy would charge about $1500 to $2000 for this.

Sisters car got whacked in a parking garage downtown Chicago. There's a dent on the fender and paint scraped off the fender and bumper. Insurance deductible is $500. What do y'all think a body shop would charge to fix this? The dent should easily pop out using PDR ($50-$75) Not sure how much it would cost to paint both the fender and probably the whole front bumper. Roughly $300? K

Comment

Send
That dent won't "pop out".JMHO.

The PDR guys can probably fix that up pretty well.
That's what I was thinking. Probably pull the fender liner out of the way and get to it. I know the guy I use at the dealership charges us $75~. He's not the greatest (depending on where the dent is located).

Might be able to find a pre-painted bumper online as well. Ship straight to you, most of them end up working out pretty well.

PDR the metal, polish it up and see where you stand.

Might be able to find a pre-painted bumper online as well. Ship straight to you, most of them end up working out pretty well.

PDR the metal, polish it up and see where you stand.
Hmmm, maybe I'll try some scratch x on the fender and bumper and see if that makes a difference.

I don't have access to a polisher

Comment

Send

IMO this is 1,500-2,000 worth of damage. Possibly more.

Nearly positive you'll need to file an insurance claim here.

A good PDR guy can remove that dent but it won't be $50-75. I has a small self inflicted ding removed when the truck was new 3 years ago and it was $175. Agree with the above, get the dent removed, do some polishing and see what it looks like. What does sister want, back to like new or just not ugly?

Back