GMs horrible DRL implementations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the PWM is very hard on incandescent bulbs as implemented by GM for their DRL systems (I am familiar with the truck systems). I don't know why this would be the case since household dimmers work much the same way.

I do know of vehicles that use both filiments at the same time, frequently with one as a running light and the other operating as a blinker or brake light while the running filiment is still lit.

I guess I should have been more specific. I know about duals that have one buring steady state (eg running lamp) and the other occasionally lighted ( eg turn signal or brake lamp) but I have never known one to be used where BOTH elements are constantly on at the same time for long periods.

Hi

I had the same issue with my Regal.

The solution is to clean up the grounds. The first, is from the battery to the inner fender support. Easy to trace and clean up.

The second is up front, on the radiator support. I also cleaned up the starter connections while I was at it.

Once this was done, I replaced the socket and haven't had another issue.

The reason the bulbs melt and later so do the sockets is heat from the high amount of resistance created from ineffective circuit grounds.

This is the proscribed fix over at the Regal forums..try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back