GMC 2.0t oil drain plugs

No they're not one time use but many people think they are. But i can see them leaking after some time. I'd keep a spare around for when it does start leaking though.

Is the oil pan plastic also? If it's not couldn't you find a suitable metal drain plug instead of using the plastic one?

All I can see as a benefit of using plastic bolt on a plastic pan is that Jiffy lube techs might not use an impact gun for tightening? And if the dufus does, then the bolt head twists off and he or she knows they created a problem. Assumes they care. I know that might be too much.

All I can see as a benefit of using plastic bolt on a plastic pan is that Jiffy lube techs might not use an impact gun for tightening? And if the dufus does, then the bolt head twists off and he or she knows they created a problem. Assumes they care. I know that might be too much.
Which is why my company has me or one of our PM techs on daylight do these vehicles. We don’t use Firestone, Midas or Iffy Lube much or at all

Thanks. Manual specs 0w20 but thinking of stepping up to a dexos 5w30.
For a turbo engine I'd step up. Nothing would get hurt. If it was a big slower spinning torquey V8 like my 6.2 then a 20 grade is ok. Still might bump to a 30 after using up the last remaining 0w-20 i have, engine should be at least half way to fully breaking in by then.

Back