GM to partner with China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cardinal49
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I did just look on the Toyota website. They are obviously not an independant 3rd party but they state that in the US they have created over 365,000 jobs, invested $18B, have 1506 dealers and have over $24B in purchasing. Again, very impressive numbers.

Created? Yes. So, Toyota directly employs 30,000 Americans, and indirectly creates 365,000 jobs. Roughly 12x the number of indirect vs direct. So applying that same percentage to GM, that gives us 1,727,666 jobs indirectly created by GM. Which likely isn't far off.

I'm FAR from a GM apologist and think the bailout was a huge scam levied on both the American and Canadian tax payers. However, even I am not blind to the fact that GM employs an obscene number of people. GM and Ford together spend more, and employ more than all the imports combined.

Never said they didn't. Just pointing out that Honda and Toyota have made significant contributions to the US economy for decades.

Does this quote look familiar to you?
Quote:
I do not beleive that GM or Ford's commitment to the US is any greater than the companies I listed above.

So first you say that Ford's and GM's contribution, sorry "commitment", is about equal to Japanese and Koreans, and now you're saying that Japanese contribution is "significant".

There is no point in reading your posts, as you suggested to couple of people here, including me, since you don't even read your own.

But, I already know the reply, you will try to point out that in the first quote you said "commitment" and in the second "contribution"
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I did just look on the Toyota website. They are obviously not an independant 3rd party but they state that in the US they have created over 365,000 jobs, invested $18B, have 1506 dealers and have over $24B in purchasing. Again, very impressive numbers.

Created? Yes. So, Toyota directly employs 30,000 Americans, and indirectly creates 365,000 jobs. Roughly 12x the number of indirect vs direct. So applying that same percentage to GM, that gives us 1,727,666 jobs indirectly created by GM. Which likely isn't far off.

I'm FAR from a GM apologist and think the bailout was a huge scam levied on both the American and Canadian tax payers. However, even I am not blind to the fact that GM employs an obscene number of people. GM and Ford together spend more, and employ more than all the imports combined.

Never said they didn't. Just pointing out that Honda and Toyota have made significant contributions to the US economy for decades.

Does this quote look familiar to you?
Quote:
I do not beleive that GM or Ford's commitment to the US is any greater than the companies I listed above.

So first you say that Ford's and GM's contribution, sorry "commitment", is about equal to Japanese and Koreans, and now you're saying that Japanese contribution is "significant".

There is no point in reading your posts, as you suggested to couple of people here, including me, since you don't even read your own.

But, I already know the reply, you will try to point out that in the first quote you said "commitment" and in the second "contribution"
wink.gif

You show my quote and then re-write what you think I said?

You show my quote and then re-write what you think I said?

Hannibal, is that you?

hannibal0909607.jpg

Well hello Clarice
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back