gm oil news from appex/sema

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to a 'mobil 1' source at their appex booth,GM is serious about spec'ng 0w-20 or 0w-30 as the future oil weight for GM vehicles.GM is by passing 5w-20.
patriot.gif

Quote:

according to a 'mobil 1' source at their appex booth,GM is serious about spec'ng 0w-20 or 0w-30 as the future oil weight for GM vehicles.GM is by passing 5w-20.
patriot.gif

Are they discussing the hybrid-only engines? I can understand 0W-20 for the 4 cylinder hybrids -- maybe 0W-30 for the few V8 hybrids coming.

I'd use 0W-30, at least in winter, if it were readily available.
Wal-mart and most auto parts stores around here have pushed that weight off the shelves to make room for 5W-20 and 0W-40 oils.
0W-20 seems thin to me; suspicion, doubts, wait n' see, what ever. I'll stick to the XX-30 for the time being.

honda, hyundai, toyota, ford, chrysler all spec 20 wt. won't be surprised when GM does too.

GM is considering 0w20/0w30 for their fleet spec..with a few exceptions.
mobil 1 new ad compaine for 0w30 will tought a 2% gas savings over other xx30's.

0w30 & 0w20 are only available in synthetic in the USA. GM won't do it, because it would force their customers to buy more expensive oil. That's my $.02 anyway.

Yeah but wavinwayne, when has cost to the customers ever stopped any big corporate from doing anything that they want to in the past?

from the mobil 1 booth,they did say that either the 0w20 and 0w30,could only be built from syn base stocks.i took the admitted 'look see' into zero weights by GM almost 'for sure' matter..0w40 was said to be factory fill in more vehicles..0w30 will be 'headlinner' news first quarter 2008.
along the lines of a '2%'gain in mpg.
walmart now has a deadicated mobil rep..that lives in 'benten ark'..walmart will take a leading role in introducing mobil products.

not confirmed,it was spoken of that Maxima was brought by
Ashland.Anybody have more news???

Originally Posted By: redhorse554
not confirmed,it was spoken of that Maxima was brought by
Ashland.Anybody have more news???

Now that would be interesting. Maxima has a great reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back