GM Makes Buyout Offers To Buick Dealers

If they do then they should resurrect this design.

I liked this one better!

1662301144288.jpg

2000 dealers, what product are they moving? Buick doesnt need a dealership in the states most of their sales occur soley outside the NADM markets.

However it does make them a prime target as a direct sales experiment, and if it doesnt work out for them most folks will forgive GM since its the modern day saturn.

In the video I linked they said it was called the Electra 225 because it was 225 inches long. Electra was the first name of the sister in law of the CEO.

So at 18.75 feet long that trunk looks like the size of a king mattress. 🤣
Yes, I owned one.

A '66 baby blue with white ragtop.

Just saying it would charge on 225 volts.... somewhere in between 208 and 240 volts.

2000 dealers, what product are they moving? Buick doesnt need a dealership in the states most of their sales occur soley outside the NADM markets.

However it does make them a prime target as a direct sales experiment, and if it doesnt work out for them most folks will forgive GM since its the modern day saturn.
China LOVES Buick, and the big emblem on the grill! The bigger the better.

And to think, I passed on a good price on a new 2018 Buick LaCrosse because it had start/stop that couldn't be disabled and cylinder deactivation. At least the gas tank could be filled in a few minutes.

If GM had been on the ball they could be producing a Buick Electra EV. The name is perfect.

But alas, not yet.

One example is that all dealers will install and provide a network of EV chargers on site at their dealership. Some current dealerships don't have the physical real estate to do this today, and will need to acquire more space and property as well as make significant infrastructure investments.
Time to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

I think the era of a traditional salesperson is also going to end soon.
This has been discussed before and while Saturn was bust I don't think it had anything to do with how they were sold. I would love for a manufacturer to move to:

1. All vehicles sell at MSRP regardless of the dealership - standardize the entire process.
2. Move most of the process online including the ability to search in real-time vehicles in your area with actual pictures inside and out - a real virtual showroom or the ability to order directly from the factory.
3. Minimal staff in the dealership for test drives and to answer questions and process vehicle sales
4. The entire focus should be on getting you what you want and making it as pain-free as possible instead of the usual of just trying to screw you out of your hard-earned money.

This has been discussed before and while Saturn was bust I don't think it had anything to do with how they were sold. I would love for a manufacturer to move to:

1. All vehicles sell at MSRP regardless of the dealership - standardize the entire process.
2. Move most of the process online including the ability to search in real-time vehicles in your area with actual pictures inside and out - a real virtual showroom or the ability to order directly from the factory.
3. Minimal staff in the dealership for test drives and to answer questions and process vehicle sales
4. The entire focus should be on getting you what you want and making it as pain-free as possible instead of the usual of just trying to screw you out of your hard-earned money.
I believe between what the new FTC rules are, and what Ford's CEO wants to do, the items you have listed are going to be standard business practices for Ford's EV division.

They'll probably just reduce the number of dealers :sneaky:

Doubt it - the big dealer chains will just get bigger and worse.

The family owned guys are getting squeezed out.

First they came for Olds, then Pontiac, now Buick, at some point GM going to be Chevy and Cadillac.

Uncle Dave, Buick sells a lot of cars in China. I don't think it is going away any time soon, but I do think the days of "family owned dealerships" are numbered unfortunately.

Uncle Dave, Buick sells a lot of cars in China. I don't think it is going away any time soon, but I do think the days of "family owned dealerships" are numbered unfortunately.
They may have to go full GM product line like ours - having just GMC/Buick does not seem as sustainable …
In fact - the same family dealership has the full Mopar lineup …

Back