gm 88861800 manual fluid vs dexron 3

hey guys! my vehicle calls for dexron iii in the t case but gm also released a bulletin saying how gm 88861800 can also be used.
how can i compare the two to see which is the better fluid and which one i should use? or how do these compare to something like rp synchromax

thx

hey guys! my vehicle calls for dexron iii in the t case but gm also released a bulletin saying how gm 88861800 can also be used.
how can i compare the two to see which is the better fluid and which one i should use? or how do these compare to something like rp synchromax

thx

The GM 88861800 for manual transmissions (such as the T56 and T45) has slightly more additives than your conventional based Dex III's. It's not that robust compared to the synthetic versions like Synchromax, Redline ATF D4, Amsoil ATF Torquedrive, or Mobil 1 ATF. Just be sure your transmission blocking rings are made of carbon materials or better (rather than the older style cellulose/paper lined blockers). You don't want to use a synthetic ATF that might not be compatible with an older transmission.

Back