GM 1.4T turbo replacement

The turbo underboost condition can also be the hose- check the hose connection at the intercooler - they are known to pop off or leak a little at the connection. It is somewhat obstructed to see so look from the bottom as well. Second cause is the boost solonoid under the intake - check the small rubber hose to it they will get brittle and split at the nipple connection...then check the solonoid itself. Only then would I look at the turbo being the issue. If so, it is about an 1 hr to 1,5 hr job and replace the oil seals including drain back tube seal.

The turbo underboost condition can also be the hose- check the hose connection at the intercooler - they are known to pop off or leak a little at the connection. It is somewhat obstructed to see so look from the bottom as well. Second cause is the boost solonoid under the intake - check the small rubber hose to it they will get brittle and split at the nipple connection...then check the solonoid itself. Only then would I look at the turbo being the issue. If so, it is about an 1 hr to 1,5 hr job and replace the oil seals including drain back tube seal.
At that speed youve clearly done a few of those. Up here the Michigan loctite from the road salt will add some time. (y)

At that speed youve clearly done a few of those. Up here the Michigan loctite from the road salt will add some time. (y)
Yes it will! Rust adds time and frustration. It literally is just 4 bolts holding it on once you remove the heat shield and associated lines.

A local mechanic went over the car today and said everything looked great, no stored codes either. Just the stealership trying to make $2000 for a new turbo. Their replacing the seven year old tires on it on Friday and will be returning the rent a car.

I've got 90k on the Trax. Same engine. Coolant will slowly leak from everywhere. But the more you top it off, the more it will leak. Let it sit a tad low. It's ok. No other problems.

Back