Glock Gen 5 .40 Caliber

I am a Glock fan for sure but I'm wanting to wait to see the why behind the "improvements" and the results as well. Beefing up the block and a slightly wider and heavier slide YET a 2 pin opposed to the 3 pin has me wondering. Glock (like so many other companies) has had some issues on the initial production runs when changes are made.

I will almost certainly pick up a 22 and if there is a brother to the model G45 in 40 I'd snag that!

Here is hope to the "improvements" to the 40 being superb right outa the gate.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I am a Glock fan for sure but I'm wanting to wait to see the why behind the "improvements" and the results as well. Beefing up the block and a slightly wider and heavier slide YET a 2 pin opposed to the 3 pin has me wondering. Glock (like so many other companies) has had some issues on the initial production runs when changes are made.

I will almost certainly pick up a 22 and if there is a brother to the model G45 in 40 I'd snag that!

Here is hope to the "improvements" to the 40 being superb right outa the gate.

I really love my 22RTF2. It was the first gun I ever purchased. It fits my hands perfect. Only negative was when I have taken it to the range and forgot gloves. The RTF did a number on my hands.

Thought 40SW was going away. It's hard to see 40 going anywhere with 45 making the bigger hole and 9s technology advancements. I kinda presumed that with police going back to 9mm that 40 was done and on its way out the door. Guess I could use it from my G20 10mm. Not fun or enjoyable to shoot.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Thought 40SW was going away. It's hard to see 40 going anywhere with 45 making the bigger hole and 9s technology advancements. I kinda presumed that with police going back to 9mm that 40 was done and on its way out the door. Guess I could use it from my G20 10mm. Not fun or enjoyable to shoot.

I will stick with my 1911 and 230 Gr HP's

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Marco620

I will stick with my 1911 and 230 Gr HP's

+

40 brass at the range I go to is scarcer than hens teeth. .My favorite pistol is a 1911 and the pistol i love to hate is an 40 S&W XD tactical I bought use almost 14 years ago.. It has taken a licking and keeps on ticking. I has eaten around 400 rounds a month since I bought it.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Each to his / her own , but I personally have never seen , that I need a handgun in .40 .

No one really need a 40 S&W but it is good to have at least one .I have 4 I am trying to wear out. Pick them up used for a good price and reload !

Beefing up the block and a slightly wider and heavier slide YET a 2 pin opposed to the 3 pin has me wondering.

Where'd you read that?

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Beefing up the block and a slightly wider and heavier slide YET a 2 pin opposed to the 3 pin has me wondering.

Where'd you read that?

Info is based off Gen 5 Glock 22's being used in Brazil. 2 pin instead of 3 pin with a beefed up block and slightly wider and heavier slide.

Each to his / her own , but I personally have never seen , that I need a handgun in .40 .

He did not say he really "needed" one. There is a fine line between "need" and "want". I don't need or want one..lol

Originally Posted by CT8

No one really need a 40 S&W but it is good to have at least one .I have 4 I am trying to wear out. Pick them up used for a good price and reload !

I have thousands of rounds of .40S&W so I would buy another one if the opportunity came up, or even a baby Glock for a CCW.

When ammo madness hits, it's a lot easier to find .40 than a lot of popular calibers. And it's a very competent defensive round as well.

On Gen 5's Glock seems to have messed up the sight heights. Fixed something not broken and broke it. They changed it from previous specs and they shoot very low, at least the 9mms do. A switch of the front sight to Gen 4 spec height seems to clear it up. Stupid.

I now have more .40 caliber firearms than the sick 9mm's. Adding a Gen 5 .40 to my collection will make me more than happy!

I’ve found .40 ammo to be reasonably priced in recent days while 9mm is unavailable or outrageous. Since I’ve got a couple of .40s, I’m good to go, while others, with limited calibers, are stuck

.40 fits a nice niche in performance and magazine capacity between 9mm and .45.

Kind of like having a 383 when you could do everything with a 318 or a 440...

Back