Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that as I age my vision has been getting a little worse. I'm at the limit with the DMV eye chart. Barely passed this time.

I borrowed my neighbors daughter and took her to the eyeglasses store. Let he pick out my frames so I wouldn't pick out dorky ones.

Now I can read the small print on the back of the oil bottles.

Here's what I got.

0605092155.jpg

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Borrow your neighbor's daughter again, this time have her pick out some new shower curtains
grin2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

So far I only need reading glasses for presbyopia, which I buy at the dollar store.

Hope it stays that way.

I agree, good job.

I've worn glasses since I was 14 months old and I now have not only bifocals but a set of eyeglasses specifically for computer work. The only reason I can still get glasses made for me is because of the many old returnable Coke bottles I have in my collection.

Yeah, presbyopia is a drag.

I started wearing glasses when I was a kid. Have had bifocals for years, but now there is a gap between the near and far lenses and there is a close up gap where I have to take off my glasses. Guess I need quad focals!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I've noticed that as I age my vision has been getting a little worse......

Don't worry, it will continue to get worse and then level out....until the cataracts settle in.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Borrow your neighbor's daughter again, this time have her pick out some new shower curtains
grin2.gif

I thought Chris was in the "green room" at the circus!
grin2.gif

Here's what I got.

0605092155.jpg

They look fine on you. I hope you got glass and not plastic lenses, though.

By the way, your hand is as large as your upper body. Luckily your phone is appropriately sized!
wink.gif

Chris you should be smiling! Your neighbor's daughter did a good job helping you pick the right pair. They make you look very "in" and suit you quite well. I wish my neighbor would have taken someone like her along when he needed to pick out a new pair of glasses a few weeks ago. It's sooo difficult to keep a straight face when he's talking to me.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Aspen7
It's sooo difficult to keep a straight face when he's talking to me.
crazy2.gif

(George shows Jerry his glasses)

JERRY: I don't know what to tell you, Elton. Who picked these out?

GEORGE: I did!

JERRY: They're ladies' glasses! All you need is that little chain around your neck so you can wear 'em while you're playing Canasta.

GEORGE: Well Elaine was supposed to help me!

----------------------------------------------------
All I ever needed to know I learned from Star Trek and from Seinfeld (and from MacGuyver).
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman

Ya I special ordered glass and a non glare something or other.

Ya I special ordered glass and a non glare something or other.

Very good!

Anti-reflective coatings are that something or other.

I have worn glasses since I was a kid, and I used to have the "Coke-Bottle" thick glasses when I was a teenager, then they came out with that new technology to make the lense much lighter and thinner. I have these now and I don't look like a geek and they don't bother me.
thumbsup2.gif

I keep a spare set in my glovebox because many times I'm far from home because of my job and if my everyday pair broke I wouldn't be able to drive without having spares.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
then they came out with that new technology to make the lense much lighter and thinner

Glass (and plastic) with a high (refractive) index has been around for decades. They just didn't tell you, because it's costlier than plain optical glass. The higher the refractive index, the thinner the lens will be. However, chromatic aberration (color fringing) becomes and issue, and once again, the better the lens is corrected, the less chromatic aberration, but at a cost.

The normal refractive index is ca 1.5, high index glass has a refractive index of ca 1.7 or higher.

(George shows Jerry his glasses)
JERRY: I don't know what to tell you, Elton. Who picked these out?
GEORGE: I did!
JERRY: They're ladies' glasses! All you need is that little chain around your neck so you can wear 'em while you're playing Canasta.
GEORGE: Well Elaine was supposed to help me!
----------------------------------------------------
All I ever needed to know I learned from Star Trek and from Seinfeld (and from MacGuyver).
wink.gif

ha ha ha
LOL.gif

Oh, by the way, are you a Trekkie??

Originally Posted By: Aspen7
Oh, by the way, are you a Trekkie??

Haven't you seen the picture of me in my outfit next to my Yugo that I converted to look like a shuttle craft for the last convention?

I'm afraid I'm not a trekker. I even have proof: I like the new ST movie.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back