Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Aspen7
Oh, by the way, are you a Trekkie??

Haven't you seen the picture of me in my outfit next to my Yugo that I converted to look like a shuttle craft for the last convention?
I'm afraid I'm not a trekker. I even have proof: I like the new ST movie.
LOL.gif

I'm very new here, so I missed that one! Sounds fascinating.
I confess to being a Trekkie. None the less, I loved the new movie. I saw it twice
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142

They look fine on you. I hope you got glass and not plastic lenses, though.

Ya I special ordered glass and a non glare something or other.

Outstanding indeed.

Yeah, it's a real bummer that gen-u-ine glass lenses are special order nowadays- my "computer" glasses are the first plastic ones I've had since 1974. My everyday pair are Photogray bifocals...

GO GLASS!!!!!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Great looking glasses. Just curious....what's the daughter look like?
Quite pleasing to the eye.
blush.gif

Yet all we get to see are pictures of obese or possibly pregnant tree rats. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I like squirrels.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Great looking glasses. Just curious....what's the daughter look like?
Quite pleasing to the eye.
blush.gif

Yet all we get to see are pictures of obese or possibly pregnant tree rats. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I like squirrels.

LOL.gif

I hope you got glass and not plastic lenses, though.
Why? I gave up on glass over 30 years ago as it is too heavy and was wrecking my nose. Also, isn't polycarb stronger?

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Why? I gave up on glass over 30 years ago as it is too heavy and was wrecking my nose. Also, isn't polycarb stronger?
I do a lot of soldering. My boss got plastic lenses once and the solder damaged them. It just scrapes off the glass.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul

If you hit your glasses with a hammer, yes you are better off with polycarbonate lenses.

The optical clarity and scratch resistance of polycarbonate lenses is inferior to that of glass lenses. Chris mentioned heat resistance, for example when soldering.

I'm all for polycarbonate lenses in sports and safety glasses. For normal glasses, I wouldn't want them.

If you are happy with polycarbonate, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back