Glass cleaner w/ Rain repellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the regular Stoner Invisible Glass for years, and it works even better now that I have discovered microfiber cloths.

I have noticed that they now have a version of Invisible Glass with built in rain repellent for the exterior windows. Rain-X also has a glass cleaner that has their rain repellent built in. Has anyone tried either of these products?

If so, how long do these last, and do they also help with removing bugs and pine tree sap like the original product does? I frequently park under pine trees and a windshield treated with Rain-X is so much easier to keep clean, even with a high quality glass cleaner.

By the way, I am referring to the spray and aerosol glass cleaners, not the Rain-X washer fluid.

Last edited:
I use Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer and Quik Wax weekly on my exterior glass and paint with X-cellent results, like Rain-X easier to keep clean.
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't say I have really ever noticed a difference with glass cleaners. I have used rain shield, rainX, ect. . .

I use the RainX spray can stuff and like it. But Windex works the same to me. . .

I use the Stoner with the rain repellent. It works well but I had smearing issues at night because I think I used too much. Just be careful on how much you spray on the windshield

I just picked some Sonter IG w/RR @ Target clearance 50% off. I have not tried it yet. I've been using Duragloss Rain Repel for quite a few years, and it works well. I have not tried Aquapel for referenc.

+1 on the Aquapel (although I'm not sure where to buy). The Stoner & Rain X combo glass cleaner + rain repellent sprays do not get high marks from reviews I have read so I made rthe decision not to buy . For now I will just use seperate glass cleaner then Rain X until my bottle of Rain X is gone then I am going to switch over to Aquapel . With Aqualpel one application lasts one year which is 3 ~ 4 times longer than Rain X .

I cried when AMSOIL discontinued their Rain Clear product.

Now I use Zaino Z5 on my glass. Lasts about 5 weeks on the windshield, lasted all winter on the side windows.

It's a synthetic sealant instead of wax.

PPG Aquapel works well, but Rain Clear was a lot more affordable.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
If you want a long-lasting RainX type product, get some Aquapel.

I used this product once. It may last longer, but it doesn't repell water anything close to what Rain-X does...

If I'm manually cleaning and want water beading effects, lately what I'll do is a 2-step process.

I'll clean the glass with Sprayway Glass Cleaner...try it...nothing else will clean as 'streak free'. Just my opinion...

After a good cleaning with that product I'll use either Invisible Glass or Rain-X, whatever is handy and hasn't been baking in the garage(uncontrolled climate) for a year, etc.

Shake the bottles well before each use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back