Getting older means needing more aspirin

for after reading all the warning labels on your medications!
1676830152953.jpg

Good grief! I hadn't noticed until today, as I only just started taking this med again, after a few years off. If I hadn't been taking before, this would be worrisome.

TBH, when I was first prescribed this stuff, like 5 years ago, it had none of these warnings... darn lawyers...

Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, a derivative of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is the stuff that is commonly sold over the counter for warts. Unsurprisingly, one can crush up an aspirin and cover a wart with the resulting powder, and a band-aid. Seems to work every bit as well and is about 3% of the cost.

Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, a derivative of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is the stuff that is commonly sold over the counter for warts. Unsurprisingly, one can crush up an aspirin and cover a wart with the resulting powder, and a band-aid. Seems to work every bit as well and is about 3% of the cost.

Pretty interesting. Never knew that. On same level as the OP I've been really baffled by drug companies' adds where they are required to mention the side-affects. Radio on about any station in my area of NY is a constant barrage of Govt adds to get the jab yet never a single mention of side-affects. And we get no adds from any of the pharma's on the VID jab.

While I can't stand the pharma ads it is hilarious to listen to the disclaimers. My favorite is the line they all seem to contain; "Dont take (insert drug) if you are allergic." That's a winner right there.

Salicylic acid is also the main ingredient in many creams used to treat acne.....a miracle drug.

Salicylic acid has antimicrobial properties, which is why it can kill viral warts, and why it is widely used as a preservative. For wart removal, you need a solution of 17% salicylic acid.

@AmBeRnEcTaR
What went out of style when the wigs came off were the ruffled lace louse traps that European royalty used to wear around their necks.

I take an aspirin every 5 years or so. I did take tylenol for maybe 3 days straight when I joined the club late last year... Worked well.

When I was kid I developed chronic headaches. Took lots of aspirin, made my nose bleed profusely. BTW it is an ancient potion made way back then from willow bark.

willow.jpg

Those aren't aspirin in the picture!
Nope, it isn't.

You know it's a good time when it has four warnings on it.
If only! I recall when it didn't have any warnings about mixing with alcohol, so, I'm not really sure why it now has 'em. Sure didn't impact me. Maybe it did bother 0.001% of patients, or whatever the trip point is to require those labels.

That or maybe the pharmacist iss just label-happy these days. When you buy big rolls of stickers, sometimes ya just have to stick them onto everything.

Yea, getting out of bead in the morning is getting more and more painful. Hands hurt like heck. Takes me about 2 hours just to get moving. There are no miracle drugs for arthritis. My dad had it bad. Doctor tried several and one of them almost killed him (stomach bleed).

Back