Getting my coolant changed today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TDOHGL01
What else should I have done along with coolant?

If the tranny fluid hasn't been changed in 90k miles I'd go ahead and take care of that as well.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: TDOHGL01
What else should I have done along with coolant?

If the tranny fluid hasn't been changed in 90k miles I'd go ahead and take care of that as well.

+1 Also, if you have an original radiator cap and thermostat it is a good idea to replace them. That way you know every is fresh.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Blinker fluid

Most people around here don't use blinker at all. Very annoying! Are they trying to conserve "blinker fluid"?

Yeah just came back from getting it changed and we put in 1 gallon of straight and 1 gallon of 50/50 Prestone and my system is 10 quarts and was wondering if I should go ahead and put 2 quarts of water in there to make sure there is 10 quarts of coolant in there or how should I do it if I want to keep a 70/30 ratio of coolant to water because I know it get's very cold here up in new england, like down to -40 below F.

For 70/30 you would need seven quarts of straight antifreeze and three quarts of pure water. One gallon of straight and one gallon of 50/50 has you at six quarts straight and two quarts water.

For 70/30 you'll need one more quart of straight and one more quart of pure water.

Originally Posted By: dakota99
For 70/30 you would need seven quarts of straight antifreeze and three quarts of pure water. One gallon of straight and one gallon of 50/50 has you at six quarts straight and two quarts water.

For 70/30 you'll need one more quart of straight and one more quart of pure water.

Or 2 quarts 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back