Getting my Chevy 4.3 to 300k

Keep on keeping on!! Stick with your Maxlife 10W30. My gf's dad had an S10 Blazer of that same vintage. He either had near 300,000 or a little over 300,000 on his. He only sold it because he needed a bigger "truck" to haul around all his maintenance equipment and items for his rental properties. He is a Castrol guy and always used Syntec 10W30 in it.
Yeah. The thread-starter's in north Texas, I believe. So yes, stick with the 10W-30, or even an SN-rated 15W-40 in the summer wouldn't be bad, that is if the oil pressure dips too low in summer weather. Those 4.3L engines will run nearly forever if properly maintained.

GM lopped 2 cyliners off the 350 block, coming up with the early 4.3L engine (not today's EcoTec 4.3L). Turned out to be a great thing for them and us. :)

I have the 4.3 in my 2012 Silverado that I plan on keeping forever too. I'm 60 years old so it may be the last truck I will ever need as you see 30 y/o Chevy trucks on the road all the time. I use NAPA 5W-30 full synthetic with a NAPA Gold filter. It's holding good oil pressure so I'm not going to change to anything thicker until it gets higher mileage. With yours I would stick with the 10W-30 and 15W-40 in the summer.

Keep doing what you are doing. I love those 4.3s and owned a few of them in the past. Great engines and you should be able to hit the big 3 but you never know what will happen. Good luck!

Back