Get 4 matching tires or just get 2

I bought a 2020 VW Jetta gli and the dealer installed two brand new crossmax ct-1 tires. On the rear the car has a hankook and a velozza. I can't stand miss matched tires on the same axle. Either way do I leave the brand new crossmax tires and replace to with a similar tread pattern matching pair or do I just do all 4? What would you do?

if the money is good I’d buy 4. If the money is tight I would drive what’s on it now and save for 4. It does run and drive, and at least at the moment, even the new cheap tires should have decent safety margins. Since this is a used car, there is a possibility it has a couple of other surprises or things you might want to do with it after you’ve had time to get to know it.

Well I ordered 4 general Altimax rt45. Hope they are a good fit on this car. I'll sell the crossmax for whatever I can get on marketplace.
Sell all 4. Might have to piece them apart but could be worth a shot. People buy weird stuff on Marketplace.

Well I ordered 4 general Altimax rt45. Hope they are a good fit on this car. I'll sell the crossmax for whatever I can get on marketplace.

They are not a good fit for the car. You have a GLI. The General G-MAX AS-07 fits your GLI's capabilities better.

They are not a good fit for the car. You have a GLI. The General G-MAX AS-07 fits your GLI's capabilities better.
It came with hankook kinergy gt I believe which is a grand touring tire unless I am mistaken? I thought about going with the high performance variant but decided against it because I thought it came with a grand touring tire and because it'll do a fair amount of long drives 5-6 hour trips so I wanted a little more comfort.

At minimum I'd try to keep the same kind on one axle. If it's a beater then by all means 4 different tires and sizes no problem (been there done that)! :ROFLMAO:

It's the next day and I forgot some basics:
1) How many miles are on the car you just bought? (I always ask that).
2) What condition are the 2 non-new tires in?
3) Since it appears you're not swimming in cash and you're not up to speed on tire brands etc., why don't you drive on the rubber you got, save up a bit, research tires.
4) The tires you got now may grind off the car sooner than you expect.
The car could have an alignment issue or you might be aggressive and wear 'em down even faster.

Then you'd be in better position to purchase wisely.

By any chance, are you in for a "low profile tire vs rough roads" kind of lesson? just askin'.

In an analogous manner to "Perfect is the enemy of the good", seeking some perfect set of tires tomorrow might not be what you need.
I'm assuming that the mismatched set won't kill you.

I got four tires on FBM from someone like you, $10 each. Two Pep Boys exclusive Coopers, a Yoko, and a Zeetex 3000. One's a spare, two are on my kid's Camry, and the Zeetex is literally growing mold in my basement... and I didn't know rubber could do that!

I'd worry more about why a three year old car needs tires, and why the dealer went so cheap. Who knows, that dealer might buy your tires from you on FBM and slap them on yet another car!

I bought a 2020 VW Jetta gli and the dealer installed two brand new crossmax ct-1 tires. On the rear the car has a hankook and a velozza. I can't stand miss matched tires on the same axle. Either way do I leave the brand new crossmax tires and replace to with a similar tread pattern matching pair or do I just do all 4? What would you do?
Definitely 4 of the same tires. This is laziness on the dealership. This says alot about how they do business. You don't know how old or how thevtwo different rear tires will handle.

Back