German Castrol users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
. . . Castrol products have been known for leaving quite a few deposits/sludge behind in some of the more severe engine tests. . .

It's interesting how this oil was praised so much, but yet very few conclusions could ever be drawn just from the $25 UOA's we would see. . .

Doesn't matter much now as this oil has faded from it's glory.

Well, since we're trolling after 7 years . . .

. . . unlike a certain competing 0w-40, whose $20 UOAs drew a conclusion from T.D. about valve train wear.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
. . . Castrol products have been known for leaving quite a few deposits/sludge behind in some of the more severe engine tests. . .

It's interesting how this oil was praised so much, but yet very few conclusions could ever be drawn just from the $25 UOA's we would see. . .

Doesn't matter much now as this oil has faded from it's glory.

Well, since we're trolling after 7 years . . .

. . . unlike a certain competing 0w-40, whose $20 UOAs drew a conclusion from T.D. about valve train wear.

Was the conclusion substantiated through tear downs?
wink.gif

I wonder how well GC kept engines clean? Castrol products have been known for leaving quite a few deposits/sludge behind in some of the more severe engine tests. This mainly applied to the old U.S. Syntec.

It's interesting how this oil was praised so much, but yet very few conclusions could ever be drawn just from the $25 UOA's we would see. Wear control was very good with this oil but I don't know about engine cleanliness. Doesn't matter much now as this oil has faded from it's glory.

Interesting how you revived this after 7 years when Syntec is not made in US anymore.

The 0W30 US made Castrol did produce a lot of deposits in my infamous oil heat study for which I got a lot of flack here. The GC variety handled the heat well.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
The GC variety handled the heat well.

Hopefully better than this 0w-40 did . . .

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD

Funny that you asked as I included Mobil 1 0W40 in my study and it did as well as GC. The thread you referenced is about engine with broken PCV and dino oil was used half of the time if not more (incomplete records from previous owner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back