German Castro Syntec in Washington State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked at the Wal Mart and Auto Zone in Vancouver Wa. The Auto Zone only there had USA made 0w 30. The 1 oil I would try from Castrol, and none to be found.
confused.gif
And I still would like to see 1 or 2, 7500 mile UOA of this. For the price it should go at least that.

In my Toyota for winter oil I run my 5w 30 1.30 a qt. Chevron 3000 miles. And for The summer I run Mobil Delvac 1300 15w 40 for 5.88 a gallon at Wall Mart 4000 miles. I'am starting to think the grass is not greener on the other side myself.

I asked a friend of mine about 0w 30 Castrol that worked in Germany for a number of years untill last year. It does not sound like it was very popular over there. To light weight for most Germans was what I got out of it. So do you think Castrol just dumped some of it on the USA to get rid of it?

The grass may not be greener, but the oil is!
grin.gif
I am not put off by the fact that this oil was not popular in Australia or Europe if the reason was they didn't like the viscosity. As I have said in other threads I used M1 0W30 for an 18 month stretch in a hot running engine operating at 5500+ ft and had no problems with it. I believe the German Castrol is a better oil then that version of M1 0W30 so I don't see any problems. While I admit some of us have maximally hyped German Castrol (partly tongue in cheek), I think it is going to turn out to be a solid performer. So, I say if they are dumping it on us, fine, let it rain...I think we will be benefactors no matter what the motives are.

[ September 01, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

I try to keep an open mind about oil but at my age it is hard sometimes.
grin.gif
Anyway so how about a Blackstone 7500+ mile UOA. So I can see what I'am missing. Since only a hand full of people in the USA seem to have any of this ultra rare collectors oil.
wink.gif

You are pressing me to my limits...I am a "don't go beyond 6000 miles even if you are using wunderöl" kind of guy.

PS I am also waiting over two months and on my second request to get test kits from our friends at "Lab B."

[ September 01, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by Hirev:
I try to keep an open mind about oil but at my age it is hard sometimes.
grin.gif
Anyway so how about a Blackstone 7500+ mile UOA. So I can see what I'am missing. Since only a hand full of people in the USA seem to have any of this ultra rare collectors oil.
wink.gif

My sister's current fill of 0w30 Syntec should have pretty close to 7500 miles on it when I change it, which will probably be the end of this month. You'll recall her first interval with this oil was 5500 miles and the oil definitely showed proof that it could go the distance, as the lab I use measures TBN on the lower D4739 scale and it still was at 6.90 on this oil!! Viscosity was pretty much unchanged from new (when you account for the fact that a small amount of the previously used thinner oil was mixed in there), and oxidation and nitration were very reasonable at 29% and 21% respectively (which will get even better on the second interval I would imagine)

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
There is no German Castrol in Washington and I even checked Leavenworth (inside joke for us Washingtonians). I mean I have looked EVERYWHERE.

offtopic.gif
I spend my 4th of July weekend there
smile.gif

I have checked all the way East to Idaho and Nothing
frown.gif

Hans (zee master blender) ist shtill upzet wiss everyone for dissing his öl, zo he ist releasing it verrrry shlowly.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back