GC Packaging change in Canada - same stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GC's that I have been buying from Canada haven't changed for the last few years. Then I went today, I see new packaging. The lot # and stuff remain the same, but just wanted to make sure from you oil gurus that its just a packaging change.

Thanks!

New photo pics:

HMM, Just noticed something very odd. The old packaging says VW 50301 certified, but the new one doesn't. Wasn't 503 used for long life certification with VW/Audi? Anyone know what's up with this?

Strange. The GC sold in the US still shows 503.01 which is a pretty robust spec. However, I see on your picture that MB 229.5 is listed, too, and that is a fairly tough spec to meet, even more stringent than 503.01 in some respects, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, even the BMW Longlife cert is on there =) I just found it peculiar but since that oil has such a high level of zinc (for readily available oils), i'll stick to it to save my cam follower. The UOA's i've seen on Motul specific show lower zinc levels...so I haven't switched there. 300V is too rich for my blood =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back